Little and Large - our best?

EaglesFan said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Everytime Tevez and Aguero have started we have won, I love Dzeko but at the moment he is best coming on late in games.

Please - remind me of the LAST GAME where Aguero and Tevez were getting it done together (where the game was wrapped up before one of them had to come off)???

It has to be waaaay before the final game of last season vs QPR, doesnt it??

One of the greatest myths running on this board right now.
When both have started we have won everygame, Dzeko seems much better against tired defences so I don't see the problem in keeping him on the bench and bringing him on later in games.

EaglesFan said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Everytime Tevez and Aguero have started we have won, I love Dzeko but at the moment he is best coming on late in games.

Please - remind me of the LAST GAME where Aguero and Tevez were getting it done together (where the game was wrapped up before one of them had to come off)???

This. I have no idea how Tevez/Aguero can get the credit for the win if the game is won after one of them comes off. Aguero/Dzeko 2012. Same partnership that won us the league.

EaglesFan said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Norwich City away.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
EaglesFan said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Norwich City away.

Norwich away, 1-6 IIRC, bit of decent +goals there too, might of just won us the league! LOL

JBG said:
EaglesFan said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

This. I have no idea how Tevez/Aguero can get the credit for the win if the game is won after one of them comes off. Aguero/Dzeko 2012. Same partnership that won us the league.
Well it could be argued they tire the oppositions defence so much it makes it easier for Dzeko to come on and impact the game. As we saw in the dortmund game the Aguero/Dzeko partnership isn't the best.

Kun and Carlos are our best so strikers.

Edin is in a great scoring run of form.

greasedupdeafguy said:
JBG said:
EaglesFan said:

Well it could be argued they tire the oppositions defence so much it makes it easier for Dzeko to come on and impact the game. As we saw in the dortmund game the Aguero/Dzeko partnership isn't the best.

If we're going by the Dortmund game then no partnership that was on the pitch that day was the best. We simply got outplayed; the midfield was run ragged.

I disagree that defenders are so tired after 60 minutes (with a 15 minute break in between halves) but if they were then wouldn't substitutes be leading the scoring charts? Shouldn't Balotelli, who came on at Dortmund, against "tired opposition", have scored a few? Is "tiring the opposition" worth more than putting the ball in the back of the net? How has Dzeko ever in his career even scored from a start?

Or is it just possible that he's finally built up some confidence and we're seeing the return of the world-beater that tore apart the Bundesliga almost three years running?

JBG said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
JBG said:

If we're going by the Dortmund game then no partnership that was on the pitch that day was the best. We simply got outplayed; the midfield was run ragged.

I disagree that defenders are so tired after 60 minutes (with a 15 minute break in between halves) but if they were then wouldn't substitutes be leading the scoring charts? Shouldn't Balotelli, who came on at Dortmund, against "tired opposition", have scored a few? Is "tiring the opposition" worth more than putting the ball in the back of the net? How has Dzeko ever in his career even scored from a start?

Or is it just possible that he's finally built up some confidence and we're seeing the return of the world-beater that tore apart the Bundesliga almost three years running?
Dzeko came on with 12 minutes left not 30 and when Balotelli came on he did score. Tevez and Aguero are out best strikers so for most games they should start imo although I would give Dzeko a game against Swansea to prove himself from the start.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
EaglesFan said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Norwich City away.
utd.home+newcastle+qpr????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.