Liverpool 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always had a lot of time for Milner and was disappointed when he decided to go. It's a pity we never replaced him as I feel that we have missed his contribution.

I do laugh when I think that he'll never win anything again though!

A lot of hate for Milner online, I really don't mind him. He wanted to stay, we wanted him to stay, pellegrini wouldn't give him game time, so he left. So what if he celebrates beating us. He's a great pro and good luck to him
He didnt want to stay. Which is his right.

The only reason Sterling gets booed, is because Liverpool fans are salty he left, sorry but its true. We all wouldnt think twice to have him back at the club, would be a great option to have when Mané leaves for the AFCON.

Just dont want to admit it...

The only reason Sterling gets booed, is because Liverpool fans are salty he left, sorry but its true. We all wouldnt think twice to have him back at the club, would be a great option to have when Mané leaves for the AFCON.

It's extremely childish of grown men to abuse a kid for wanting to step up in his career,destroying his confidence is unforgivable

It's extremely childish of grown men to abuse a kid for wanting to step up in his career,destroying his confidence is unforgivable

That's football fans in general. Like have you noticed when the ball goes out for a throw in or corner and you can see the opposing fans just scream abuse at them.

It's pathetic. They're humans ffs

Football of every club are the same and hate seeing a player they like. I've to bother club I totally understand that.
What stands out for me though was the whole way it was reported by the media, a young lad vilified for wanting to further his career away from a club that at the time was not playing CL and/or challenging for trophies,that may well change I might add. Yet a player who runs his contract down so he can get a nice big signing on fee and increase his wages with a reported promise of playing centrally in midfield as the reason for his decision is supported wholeheartedly.
The bias of the press causes the furore at other grounds against Sterling

Football of every club are the same and hate seeing a player they like. I've to bother club I totally understand that.
What stands out for me though was the whole way it was reported by the media, a young lad vilified for wanting to further his career away from a club that at the time was not playing CL and/or challenging for trophies,that may well change I might add. Yet a player who runs his contract down so he can get a nice big signing on fee and increase his wages with a reported promise of playing centrally in midfield as the reason for his decision is supported wholeheartedly.
Thanks for that; I always assumed it was because the clowns at other grounds all supported the rags or dippers when their own teams weren't in the Prem.

Sorry pal but I don't know one person who would have him back.

The odd thing abut all this is in every walk of life including all those in the stands and in the press if you have a job and you get a better offer you leave OR if you are unhappy where you are you apply for jobs and engineer your own move. On your last day all your colleagues and neighbours don't come out to boo you all the way to work all the time you are there and all the way home and if you run into an ex-colleague they don't hurl abuse at you in the street - the tribalism and subsequent vilification of individuals is weird if you think about it.

Sterling isn't the first to leave a club under acrimonious circumstances, and he won't be the last. But I think it's rather petty of the Dippers' fans to boo him - bearing in mind that Bodgers ransacked almost the entire Southampton first team (yeah, exaggeration. But you get the gist) when he was in charge. You don't hear the Saints fans whinging about the players they've lost. Or if they do it's nothing on the scale of the Dippers and their 'feel-sorry-for-us' shenanigans.

Football fans are very tribalistic and we tend to only see the good things about our respective clubs. We almost always ignore the negative issues - or we deny them altogether - and criticise other fans when they bring them to our attention. Like families: We can rip into our team when things are not going well, but woe betide an outsider having a dig at us.
So whilst there is -to some extent- some justification in the Liverpool fans' animosity towards Sterling, the same has happened to pretty much every club in the world. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.