Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not think all this whining about Liverpool’s antics is a bit hypocritical when you guys did the exact same thing to the United bus only a few years earlier?

Fuck me it's LFC football lover back under a different name.
Told you before do why don't you fuck off you sad Scouse C.unt.
Hope your team and fans get twatted by Roma...

Do you not think all this whining about Liverpool’s antics is a bit hypocritical when you guys did the exact same thing to the United bus only a few years earlier?

Haha as others have said you're completely clutching at straws with that comparison there, just call them idiots and have done with it, the sooner you stop making excuses for them the sooner you can stop them showing you up.

If this was a random event that got out of control you'd have some leway that we should move on and hope they learn a lesson, with no punishment but this was an organised attack on a City team bus which your club knew about, which the Merseyside police knew about and still it happened right in front of them with no arrests made, no attempt to bring order as it happened... hands in pockets and shrugs all around followed by statements from your club such as: "It shouldn't have happened but what are you gonna do hey?".

In the aftermath to this there have been attempts like yours to draw comparisons filled with lies and exagerations in a desperate attempt to save face:

The Wigan game was the funniest attempt at a comparison, here we have a cup game where Delph was sent off against a team of cloggers(who should have had some sent off of their own lets not forget), when City have had to endure potential leg breakers all season with not a single red given bar Mané's(who had to go). They win the game and have a pitch invasion fair enough but the incompetence of those in charge of security was alarming. Imagine watching that shite Ref performance, losing the match and then having absolute scrotes who instead of celebrating a big win choose to surround and harass your star players grabbing, pushing, hurling abuse in their face(if someone did that to Salah you guys would have fits) and then proceed to make their way over to the City end lobbing drinks and hurling abuse at every man, woman and child within earshot... for a good 5-10mins... without the stewards doing a thing. In the end some City fans reacted by throwing some advertisement boards over in their direction which finally prompted the stewards to pull their finger out, nobody was hurt, no seats were torn out that I saw in any of footage from the match so I'm calling bullshit on those claims(saw no statement from the club about damaged seats that I remember). So that's one laughable comparison out of the way, whoever posted that was probably one of your mates by the sounds of it.

As for your comparison, from the footage we see a few people threw cans at a coach, in contrast though the police reacted immediately(so they can actually do something?) to an unplanned incident, made arrests and the drama died down sharpish, this didn't happen at Anfield. I've seen this posted a lot without any context, were there any glass bottles thrown? any smashed windows? If not then it's a bit different than leaving a team bus unfit for the return journey. Yes we all have our idiot drunk fans but you're not supposed to encourage them or make bloody plans for it. Nice try but you failed to create an argument worth bothering with.

Last edited:
Anyone slightly miffed at the narrative that they apparently "Battered City 3 times this season, so they aren't the best team"?

How can they even believe that? Is it only based on goals when it suits them? I wonder what they say when they feel they have had all the possession coupled with wave after wave of attacks against other teams? Isn't that a better indication of dominance than goals alone? which can and often do come against the run of play.

In total they really only had...

9mins at home in the league after Stones got shoved in the back to allow Firmino in on goal and our players had a wobble and gifted them opportunities(very well taken though credit where it's due not many teams would have been that ruthless) that game finished 4-3 and they built their confidence up from that game... forgetting a lot of their fans left with skidmarks as the team were hanging on by the fingernails at the final whistle.

20mins at home in the CL that only started after going 2-0 up after being gifted an offside opener against the run of play, it was a loose ball from Sané in their own half that started that attack and it shouldn't have stood. Chamberlain's goal came at a time where the game was in the balance and it was smashed in from outside the box so they didn't really cut us open and I feel Sané hesitated where he could have applied pressure to make him miss. Their best spell started from then on(probably their best spell against us all season) and they only scored 1 goal in that period of play.

By contrast I think our first half display(sustained for the full 45mins near enough) in the CL at home was our best spell over Liverpool from this season, the football we played deserved so many more goals and had both have counted they'd have no argument to make that it wasn't the best half either team as played against each other. Our players tired in that second half and inevitably served them goals on a plate near enough, after the United game, the away leg before that and the emotional roller-coaster caused by the referees throughout I don't blame them personally. It's just a shame that performance will be forgotten by most because of the scoreline.

Last edited:
Anyone slightly miffed at the narrative that they apparently "Battered City 3 times this season, so they aren't the best team"?

How can they even believe that? Is it only based on goals when it suits them? I wonder what they say when they feel they have had all the possession coupled with wave after wave of attacks against other teams? Isn't that a better indication of dominance than goals alone? which can and often do come against the run of play.

In total they really only had...

9mins at home in the league after Stones got shoved in the back to allow Firmino in on goal and our players had a wobble and gifted them opportunities(very well taken though credit where it's due not many teams would have been that ruthless) that game finished 4-3 and they built their confidence up from that game... forgetting a lot of their fans left with skidmarks as the team were hanging on by the fingernails at the final whistle.

20mins at home in the CL that only started after going 2-0 up after being gifted an offside opener against the run of play, it was a loose ball from Sané in their own half that started that attack and it shouldn't have stood. Chamberlain's goal came at a time where the game was in the balance and it was smashed in from outside the box so they didn't really cut us open and I feel Sané hesitated where he could have applied pressure to make him miss. Their best spell started from then on(probably their best spell against us all season) and they only scored 1 goal in that period of play.

By contrast I think our first half display(sustained for the full 45mins near enough) in the CL was our best spell over Liverpool from this season, the football we played deserved so much more goals and had both have counted they'd have no argument to make that it was the best half either team as played against each other. Our players tired in that second half and inevitably served them goals on a plate near enough, after the United game and the away leg before that and the emotional roller-coaster caused by the referees throughout I don't blame them personally. It's just a shame that performance will be forgotten by most because of the scoreline.

The reason Liverpool fans went hysterical when they knocked us out of the CL is because deep down they couldn't believe that they had actually done it. They know that we are a better team and the crucial decisions went their way.....but heh...that's just the way it goes sometimes. Liverpool are, I believe, the second best team in the League and are playing well but it's just so difficult to give them any praise when you keep hearing the crap coming from their fans. Also Klopp has suddenly become the greatest manager of all time...haha....but when you ask them how many trophies he has won during his time there....just deafening silence. Only Liverpool fans could claim greatness for a manager who has won absolutely nothing with them.....you just gotta laugh.

Funnily enough, those are exactly the actions of a 'few idiots' that everyone connected to Liverpool FC have attempted to portray the attack on the City team bus as being. The truth, which should be obvious even to you, is that the two incidents are worlds apart, and only somebody with a point to prove and a limited sense of perspective - like the person who tweeted that, for instance - would attempt to show otherwise. As Ric said, that incident was obviously spontaneous, and the idiots responsible were swiftly arrested. The attack on City's team bus at anfield, by contrast, was conducted by several hundred people. Crucially the incident at Wembley wasn't connived at by the club and the police, and didn't involve an attack on the first team coach.

Interestingly, the attack on the United supporters coach was brought to a very swift end by the police swiftly arresting those responsible. Interesting to think that the Merseyside police might have nipped the attack on the City bus in the bud by acting in the same way, but they just stood and watched and did fuck all to prevent the attack that was unfolding in front of them.

So no, I don't think it is hypocritical at all to complain long and loud about Liverpool's behaviour, including the behaviour of the supporters, the club and the police. I do think however that anyone who thinks the two situations are in any way comparable is a bit of a wanker, and an even bigger wanker if they think that what happened in the video you posted is 'the exact same thing' as what happened to the City team coach.
Merseyside coppers are either Everton or Liverpool fans. So, that said, it was more than likely the police were loving every minute of it, and caught up in the frenzy, may have even lobbed a couple of bricks themselves.

09cb003886e380cb2f44889c07758d67.jpg

Meet and greet !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.