Liverpool (a) - CL Quarter Final pre-match thread

Liverpool v City CL prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else have a sneaking suspicion we might just batter them?

I wouldn't say its how I expect the tie to go, but I'd say there's maybe a 20-30% chance that we score relatively early, the pressure of the occasion gets to them, and they collapse the same way they did in the league game at the Etihad, the Spurs game they lost 4-1, or when Sevilla scored in the group stages. This Liverpool side have a proper implosion in them, and if we went 2-0 up at any stage in this first leg, I would expect 3, 4 or even 5 to follow if time allowed.

Again, I'm not saying it will happen, but I think it's on the table if a few cards fall our way.
Yes I have that eerie feeling too.

Media all full of Liverpool this and that......but they never consider what if they go two down ? Do they still play cavalry charge football and risk getting a 5 or 6 ? Let's face it with clinical finishing rock solid juve could have been done for six or seven.
In 180 mins of football we have already stuck eight past Liverpool or a goal every 23 mins. And mo Salah or not they ain't getting 9 or 10 against us.they won't have enough ball at 33 % possession that only an hour over both legs ?

I've been in the drop Sterling camp but I'm now thinking if there ever is such a thing as karma, can you just imagine it, stuff dreams are made of.

In a bar in Liverpool and they'e just robbed the fucking chairs round my table, no question about if they belong to anyone or not!
Serves you right for drinking in a 'bat'.
Getting nervous ? I am shitting myself.

So Fernandinho is a yellow card away from missing the second leg. I'd be inclined to start Gundogan in his place, who really delivers in the Champions League for us. That'll ensure that we have the option of starting Fernandinho in the second leg, which is where I feel things will really be decided. Laporte must start over Otamendi as he is better placed to assist Delph out on the left and has greater pace to deal with Liverpool's fast forwards. Bernardo (please God) to start ahead of Sterling, who can't cope with constant booing.

Ederson
Walker Kompany Laporte Delph
Gundogan
De Bruyne Silva
Bernardo Jesus Sane

Tactically, we should play in the same way as the game that we won last year against Barcelona, where we bypassed their press. If we can avoid making stupid errors at the back, and don't even give them the option to press our defence in dangerous situations, then we'll win the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.