Liverpool (a) - CL Quarter Final pre-match thread

Liverpool v City CL prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else have a sneaking suspicion we might just batter them?

I wouldn't say its how I expect the tie to go, but I'd say there's maybe a 20-30% chance that we score relatively early, the pressure of the occasion gets to them, and they collapse the same way they did in the league game at the Etihad, the Spurs game they lost 4-1, or when Sevilla scored in the group stages. This Liverpool side have a proper implosion in them, and if we went 2-0 up at any stage in this first leg, I would expect 3, 4 or even 5 to follow if time allowed.

Again, I'm not saying it will happen, but I think it's on the table if a few cards fall our way.

I’ve been confident all week. The only way they win is if we give them chances on a plate like we did a couple of months ago. I can see Silva slicing through their shit midfield.

Fuck it, I'm changing my vote. We're going to batter them. They are an average and very unbalanced side with 2 decent forwards and 1 superstar, but a brilliant team that does not make.

4-1 City.

If the tie is won in the first leg or we are comfortable position, won’t be such a bad idea for Fernandinho to pick that yellow so he can miss the second leg and then be available for the Semis. I’m sure Pep or his team has been in his ear and told him the scenarios.

Yellow cards accumulated are scraped after the quarters

6:30pm Champions League Tonight
7:00pm Liverpool v City Live

BT Sport 2 HD (414 on Sky)
BT Sport 2 (433 on Sky)

Thanks!

Reckon the bloody missus will make me go to the chippy around then. Are streams allowed on here, if anyone would have one before the game?

If the tie is won in the first leg or we are comfortable position, won’t be such a bad idea for Fernandinho to pick that yellow so he can miss the second leg and then be available for the Semis. I’m sure Pep or his team has been in his ear and told him the scenarios.
Not so sure on that one. It would have to be for kicking the ball away or similar, because if he tries to do it in the tackle he might chance a straight red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.