Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Fans are disappointed, not so much with the result but we didn't play like we all know we can. I thought we would bury the cunts, and shut them up.....but some of our players were poor. When we're not at our best in a huge game like this it has a huge effect as, like when we play United we desperately want to school them in how the game should be played. We want it to be a showcase when the whole world is watching. I wanted Big Erl to score 3 and Kev to take the piss with his passing and Phil to run them ragged. They had more possession, more corners and more passes, which is extremely rare and shows we were intimidated with the Clanfield effect.
It didn't happen, so although I'm far from chucking in any towels, it's disappointing we didn't shine.
I think how poor we were had something to do with how good Liverpool were in the second half. They played at a level of intensity that is hard to match. We did well in the last 15 mins or so to grind it out. Pep made the subs 15 mins too late today.

Just had armchair Dipper message me saying it was a moral victory for them , now that has confused me a Dipper and morals in the same sentence , what is the world coming to :)
its ok there celebrating a draw with city, or are they celebrating being dumped off the top of the table and dropping two points at home

We play a lot of short passes. We are very good at it. Teams try to press us sometimes, but our superiority allows us to pass through it. Today we couldn’t. They pressed us very well and it lead to us making multiple errors and eventually their goal.

We got away with it up to half time. But should have changed something then. If they’re pressing us in numbers, they must have left spaces somewhere else, further up the pitch, so we need to play longer passes, over the press and find the spare man in those holes. KDB, PF and EH should have put themselves in that space more today.

And after that, they won more second balls, jumped higher, tackled harder, ran faster, everything. It felt like we had less players, either that or a team of players that were happy with last season, or that it had created some arrogance in them.

We aren’t the team we were last year, it’s incredible that we’re still so close.

Just home after a hideous journey, an hour and a half to just get out of that cesspit and on to the m62. typified by standing in dog shite just before getting in the car.

Shocked at the utter decline of the area. What a shit pit. I honestly cant think of any where in manchester as bad.

Onto the game. The atmosphere was typical liverpool. All the weird culty stuff pre match, makes me cringe, then as we dominated that first 20 mins they were silent. Then they come to life when they got back into the game. They are the oddest crowd in all of football, totally buying into all the myths, fuckin weirdo’s. Its all just very emotional, screaming for all sorts, wildly cheering a throw in. Its all strange

Our performance was 5/10. Yep we got the point and i was relieved for it too but thats a reflection of the performance we put up. The players do seem to freeze at that gaff.
Alvarez was awful. Haaland utterly anonymous , his body language stinks sometimes , and although the service wasnt there for him, he also didnt show. The run he had from the half way line against van dijk i honestly expect more. He couldnt get away from a crock and then his shot was weak. I get slated beyond belief when i question haaland but i honestly think he can do better! Which is crazy to say.

Games like today show that KDB is on that downward curve that all players hit. Hes the best ive ever seen but it saddens me that his legs cant do these top level games like he once could. Hes still regularly capable of that magic but deep down i know time waits for no man.

Bad pass by ake no doubt but what the fuck was ederson thinking? Rash beyond belief. And now ive seen the pen appeal they had , doku was clumsy and ive seen em given

So yeah, when the ref blew, i was happy with that draw

And, assist aside, KDB was crap. Missed several passes, shooting well off. Deservedly subbed and could do without the attitude.

Dont have an issue with Ake he has been our most consistent defender this season , but why did he save his brain fart for Klanfield , why didnt he do it against Bournemouth at home when we were winning 6-1 , there is no justice in this world :)
Because he was more relaxed then. The pressure played a part today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.