Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Because he was static and didn't attempt a single recovery run. Giving KDB licence to play a free role is all well and good, but it takes Stones to plug midfield and leaves us 3 on 3 at the back and super vulnerable to long balls. I agree Haaland is a bloody passenger and I cannot recall a single challenge he won, and Alverez passed to more red shirts than he did blue.
Alvarez, for a world cup winner well.... he is amazing when it comes to just whacking it without thinking..Top instinct..ask him to play..he is pretty poor tbf

Because he was static and didn't attempt a single recovery run. Giving KDB licence to play a free role is all well and good, but it takes Stones to plug midfield and leaves us 3 on 3 at the back and super vulnerable to long balls. I agree Haaland is a bloody passenger and I cannot recall a single challenge he won, and Alverez passed to more red shirts than he did blue.
When you put all them things together, which I agree with by the way, a point is very welcome.

I'm assuming that Pep will be having a chat with Kev about that. Whatever about Kev being an outstanding player, you can't go showing dissent/displeasure with the manager in public. Say what has to be said in the privacy of the training facility. That was disappointing from Kev.
Bollocks. Pep could do sometimes with someone telling him what's going on. Pep was watching that game get away from us, we have fucked a huge opportunity and he needs to be told it.

I think we need to acknowledge the elephant in the room.

Unless Haaland scores or produces a big moment for someone else he is a liability in our team setup.

Also, this is the second game this season where our midfield has been completely obligated by the opposition (happened against Aston Villa as well). In recent I've seen us lose, play badly, have an off day, lose to a poorly defended counter attack but never get completely dominated in the middle of the park. This doesn't happen to Pep teams and it's happened twice so far this season. I believe it's connected to the above factor.

Anyway, thanks to a great piece of set piece work we came away with a point. That's a positive at Klanfield but it means the title is now out of our direct control.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.