Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Good work.

I did a much simplified calculation,

Arse have 4 of the big 6 to play (Us, Rags, Spuds, Chelsea)

Dippers have 2 (Rags, Spuds) plus a Derby away.

We have 2 (Arse, Spuds)

Villa, Brighton and Wolves also feature heavily.
We'll win away at Spuds

I did a little bit of daft analysis on each teams remaining fixtures

If you list all the teams City / Liverpool and Arsenal have to play and measure them based on league position - City have marginally the easier run in (based on todays league table)

City - 87
Liverpool - 85
Arsenal - 83
(Higher number indicates playing lower in the league opposition)

When you break that out between home and away - you get a really interesting thing

City have much harder home games (39) than away games (48)

Liverpool and Arsenal have much easier home games and much harder away games - Liverpools is 56H 29A arsenals is 51H 32A

It’s a fair assumption that City, Liverpool and Arsenal will drop relatively few points at home - the title is likely to be won/lost on Liverpool/Arsenals away form
I think this will be key.

All three of us have poorer away records than home records, so that's more likely to be where points are dropped.

Absolute horse shit. Bullied and second best against the worst Liverpool side in years.

Needed to win this one because of the points we have thrown away this season, and put in a good effort first half. That 2nd half is the worst we have looked under Pep.
Nowhere near good enough.

Ederson is out of the team for me. Ortegas spot from now on. Inexusable to be that fucking dense after just getting away with it last week
Scott Sinclair seems to be your level. Thank fuck for the 'ignore' button. Free years supply of Tena Lady's is on it's way for the knicker wetter.

Murphy reckoned Haaland going past VVD was superb defending.
Pity Haaland didn't score.

I’m actually going to agree with him on that one, for a change.

Haaland would normally have just drawn the last defender, bulldozed his way past him and had a clear run on goal.

Whereas he left enough space between them so Haaland couldn’t knock the ball past him. Ushered him out wide and forced him into a low percentage shot from a tightish angle.

Of course, he is still well capable of scoring from there but I did at the time think it was good defending. Not seen a replay yet though.

I don’t get the take a draw before the game idea everyone is floating about. I certainly didn’t feel that way anyway. Normally that’d be acceptable but this was a very depleted Liverpool team. If we were any way on form today we should’ve blown that side away.

A real missed opportunity that could be hugely costly come the end of the season. We were clueless in that second half. They will be absolutely thrilled with how things worked out today.

I think the draw mindset before the game stems from the poor record - I think a defeat would have been very damaging but a draw is very much an acceptable result in that it would be terminal

On seeing the team sheet I thought they were there for the taking (dippers lost the Arsenal game because they had a very second string midfield) - that played out for the first 15

Credit to Liverpool for getting a grip of the game after the first 15 - they played well with a patched up side

Absolute horse shit. Bullied and second best against the worst Liverpool side in years.

Needed to win this one because of the points we have thrown away this season, and put in a good effort first half. That 2nd half is the worst we have looked under Pep.
Nowhere near good enough.

Ederson is out of the team for me. Ortegas spot from now on. Inexusable to be that fucking dense after just getting away with it last week
I suppose we should drop Ake too for horrendous back pass to Edersen in the first instance

Lucky - I just don’t get why we as a team can’t match the opposing teams energy - pep needs to change the style and get some quicker players
Have you submitted you job application yet? FFS - get over yourself telling Pep what he should do. Just out of interest what have you won and what are your quals?

I thought the same, Eddie never made contact but then how did he injury himself? The only thing I could think was it maybe looked like his knee locked backwards a touch.

Either way, we were just so poor today (bar the first 10 mins).
Hugey relived to have come away with a draw and I just hope we cam string some decent results together and beat Arsenal.
If they ever wrote a handbook on what is a penalty, this would be an example of what is a penalty.

I’m actually going to agree with him on that one, for a change.

Haaland would normally have just drawn the last defender, bulldozed his way past him and had a clear run on goal.

Whereas he left enough space between them so Haaland couldn’t knock the ball past him. Ushered him out wide and forced him into a low percentage shot from a tightish angle.

Of course, he is still well capable of scoring from there but I did at the time think it was good defending. Not seen a replay yet though.

I thought it was a fascinating duel

For me VVD played percentages - he knew Haaland was going to get a shot away, did what he could to influence that and relied on his keeper to do the rest - decent defending in my book

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.