Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

He came off because quite frankly he was rubbish....an assist for the goal and that was about it....
Put Haaland through, who should have scored and played Foden in a few times with goods balls. I would have taken Bernado off, who lost his rag and then disappeared. When Kovo came on it would have maybe given Kev a bit more freedom.

sort of but a lot of us have been questioning the decline all season.. I for one have doubted the wisdom of shoe horning Haaland in a passing team...makes it tough for us against top teams as we have seen this season.. 8th placed teams down absolutely fine..top 8 you need 11 who can really play
I get that there's been a decline in terms of a direct comparison to last season but thats because last season was freakishly good. It's probably the best season we'll see in our lifetimes. Add to that the lads have already brought in two trophies this year, into the quarters of the UCL, quarters of the FA cup and a point off the top with 10 to go and its not looking to bad a season in the making. in two months time we could be sat with just the two trophies picked up this season or we could be sat here with 5. Either way I don't think we can question the effort, commitment and talent of this group. We just have to accept that there's some strong challengers this year.

I get that there's been a decline in terms of a direct comparison to last season but thats because last season was freakishly good. It's probably the best season we'll see in our lifetimes. Add to that the lads have already brought in two trophies this year, into the quarters of the UCL, quarters of the FA cup and a point off the top with 10 to go and its not looking to bad a season in the making. in two months time we could be sat with just the two trophies picked up this season or we could be sat here with 5. Either way I don't think we can question the effort, commitment and talent of this group. We just have to accept that there's some strong challengers this year.
Agree with all this. We aren't as good as last year.....mainly because the team that won the treble last year was amongst the best ever to play the game. It was inevitable. Everyone else has caught up a bit too.

Of the new boys, Kova is a really good squad player and decent value, Doku is a wildcard type who gives us something different (although not the usual Pep qualities of superb ball retention) and Nunes which feels like a panic buy (although there's a decent player in there I suspect)

We've got 1pt less than we had at this stage last season and -10 GD in comparison. Arsenal have 5pts less than they did last season but +6 GD and Liverpool have 18pts more than last season and +20 GD.

We were 5pts off top last season and there was confidence on here we could close the gap, but after beating Arsenal away in Feb we'd then drawn at Forest. We were just starting to put our winning run together. It's time to do the same now. We're on a good run and a draw at Anfield is fine. We don't win there very often and not getting beaten is perfectly acceptable. Beat Newcastle and we're in a great position going into the international break. Come back and beat Arsenal and suddenly this place will be buzzing with confidence.

We've got 1pt less than we had at this stage last season and -10 GD in comparison. Arsenal have 5pts less than they did last season but +6 GD and Liverpool have 18pts more than last season and +20 GD.

We were 5pts off top last season and there was confidence on here we could close the gap, but after beating Arsenal away in Feb we'd then drawn at Forest. We were just starting to put our winning run together. It's time to do the same now. We're on a good run and a draw at Anfield is fine. We don't win there very often and not getting beaten is perfectly acceptable. Beat Newcastle and we're in a great position going into the international break. Come back and beat Arsenal and suddenly this place will be buzzing with confidence.

If we win our next 2 games and get a decent draw in Europe then we’d be solid favourites for all 3 competitions. We won’t win all 3 I’m sure and either the league or CL would be amazing but no one could argue what a great position we’d be in.

Foden bottled out of a couple yesterday.
Not in the final minute of added time in his own penalty box though which was unforgivable & given the media exactly what Klopp wanted i.e. leverage for a decision when they need it most. They’ve banked a get out of jail card there with PGMOL
I did smirk after Van Dick took Phil and the ball in a saving tackle from breakaway following one of their corners. Phil looked like he was going to retaliate until he saw who it was

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.