Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Thiago is permanently injured and pretty slow. So no real miss there
Kelleher better than Allison
And Arnold infinitely worse defender than Bradley

The only misses were Konate and Salah for 60 mins. We definitely missed Jack as Alvarez was probably our worst player, giving the ball away constantly and creating very little. We should have put Phil or Bernardo out on the left with Kovacic starting at #8.
Elliot has been a starter all season (and been playing very well)

I simply don't understand how ten men can run around like absolute maniacs for ninety minutes and not appear to get tired. Their pressing from about the twentieth minute was unreal. They were forcing mistakes out of us.
And they do it match after match. No other team can do that. Not one. Not in the PL, not in Europe. So how is it possible?
It means more…

The difference was the crowd, City battered Liverpool during lockdown. Maybe earplugs might be in order next time!
Maybe but I'd say the crowd raise their game not reduce ours. Many observers and even themselves are saying it was their best performance of the season

I simply don't understand how ten men can run around like absolute maniacs for ninety minutes and not appear to get tired. Their pressing from about the twentieth minute was unreal. They were forcing mistakes out of us.
And they do it match after match. No other team can do that. Not one. Not in the PL, not in Europe. So how is it possible?
Best fitness coach in the world.

Sal Butamol.

I've watched the Doku penalty incident about 100 times today. I'm still unsure.

And that is probably why var has stayed with the on field decision . Flipping close though. I do wonder how I would feel if that was Robertson on Foden....

What I am sure about is the indecision to head the thing in the first place was mental.
It's simple, really - Doku tackle no pen, Robertson tackle stonewall pen. It's more likely that the first would be given if PiGMOL were told a red hot poker was about to be shoved where the whistle mostly goes.

You really don't know?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.