Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Granted that I wanted to win this game badly, I think this game hardly matters. It's basically a minor blip in a league we've already won. I'd argue that among the games you mentioned, only the Everton game mattered. What's important now is how we pick ourselves from this.

It ain't won yet but if we continue to perform like we have to date it should be with 4 or 5 games to spare.

It would be great to go through the season with one loss but if we lose three or four what a season given our LB and his replacement and captain have been injured throughout the season and the other long term injuries to Jesus , Stones and Kun playing injured for much of the season.

I don't think we were terrible today, just had a horrendous 5/10 minute spell where everything went wrong and sloppy mistakes were made. We were playing a well rested liverpool team, who always seem to have a cup final performance against us at Anfield. Hopefully a week off will do the team some good, and get back to business against Newcastle. Just how lucky are we to have Kev? The guy is world class and on top of that never stops running/pressing.

Maybe pep should change his approach a bit against klopp. Klopp has a better h2h record against him with weaker sides also.

There is a reason why not many teams play open like this against Klopp's sides. Arsenal do and their record is much worse.

I don't think we were terrible today, just had a horrendous 5/10 minute spell where everything went wrong and sloppy mistakes were made. We were playing a well rested liverpool team, who always seem to have a cup final performance against us at Anfield. Hopefully a week off will do the team some good, and get back to business against Newcastle. Just how lucky are we to have Kev? The guy is world class and on top of that never stops running/pressing.

We have a good group of players that will be the core for the next few seasons but we can never rest easy and new blood must come in now to replace the likes of Yaya and VK as we farewell with best wishes the last few of the title winning side on that fateful day against QPR.

Kun I have no doubt is playing injured and he still has two maybe three seasons at this level in him if he stays injury free but we need to start to look at bringing in fresh forwards in the summer as Sanchez perhaps doesn't fit the bill after all despite our apparent interest in him in the past.

On top of that we have the best manager in the league presently and we saw with Fergie what a decent manager can do with sides that may not be world class on each line but collectively know how to get the job done with the right guidance.

First half: toe to toe, equal, a few whipped crosses missed.
Second half: mistakes costs us. Simple. Heads went after their third. BUT, we dug in and never gave in to get back to 4-3. 8 goals against Liverpool, with split points isn't a bad season outcome. Let's push on.

It ain't won yet but if we continue to perform like we have to date it should be with 4 or 5 games to spare.

It would be great to go through the season with one loss but if we lose three or four what a season given our LB and his replacement and captain have been injured throughout the season and the other long term injuries to Jesus , Stones and Kun playing injured for much of the season.

I agree. Nothing is won until 'Man City' is engraved in that cup. But as I've said before, it will take a bottling more extraordinary than our first half run for us to lose the league. All the flappers should calm down.

They had 36% possession - we got Leicestered...
They had more touches in our box, more shots, more shots on target and at one point were 4-1 up.

Possession means absolutely nothing in that sense, it’s not a positive and we weren’t controlling the game. The game was played exactly how they wanted it to be.

Not read the whole thread but Liverpool’s Greater intensity in that 20 minute second half game won them the match and deservedly so.

They were helped by the fact that we had played twice since their last game and they had keep players who were fresh like Sallah and Wijnaldum

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.