......Walker....Dias....Ake

......Stones...Rodri...Bernie/Kova

...Nunes/Bernie... KDB.....Foden....

...................Haaland

A more attacking version:

.......Stones.....Rodri

Bernie....KDB....Foden...Alvarez

..............Haaland

with Foden and Alvarez interchanging positions. Btw, Alvarez played at LW vs Copenhagen in the 1st half.
You reckon we can still beat them with no goalie and seven out field players?

Midfield is where this is won on Sunday, and I think ours is slightly better. My guess is they'll have Mcallister, Szoboslai, and Elliott in their three, all good players but not masses of creativity against the better teams. We should be able to create quite a few chances and we can't be as profligate as we have been in so many matches this season. Take our chances and you have to fancy us

Our midfield is miles better up against any combination they could put out.

If they go with that 3 they'll be in trouble defensively. I think they'll play Endo instead of Elliott. We should still dominate in there.

We have to at least match their result at the Etihad. That evens things up and boils the season down to who got the best results against the rest of the League.

A loss certainly doesn’t put us out of contention, but requires others to do our heavy lifting, while making the job of PGMOL & the PL that much easier for the Klopp Farewell Tour Trophy Parade!

Looking at Liverpool’s fixtures Sunday and then Spurs going to Anfield seems to be their toughest games, I can’t see them dropping points after our fixture. Need to land a blow on them and nudge out in front so it’s back in our hands, Arsenal will be loving a draw. There’s the boring statement that gets put out that the Premier League is boring yet it’s mid March and theres three teams within striking distance of each other.

Midfield is where this is won on Sunday, and I think ours is slightly better. My guess is they'll have Mcallister, Szoboslai, and Elliott in their three, all good players but not masses of creativity against the better teams. We should be able to create quite a few chances and we can't be as profligate as we have been in so many matches this season. Take our chances and you have to fancy us
Our ability to stop the counter is where this is won. Midfield we will dominate and that's not even debatable, but we've seen in recent weeks (Chelsea and Brentford spring to mind - even united on sunday) that early balls over the top can easily leave us exposed. Salah and Nunez could exploit that and we need to be perfect at the back.

Add to that we need to take our chances. So often we go there and play well for 30 minutes, miss a few half decent chances and then bang, we're one down to their first chance and we're chasing the game.

Arrive by helicopter, that’ll render their bus welcome party of feral chavs irrelevant. No scouse twat will be expecting a Chinook landing on their centre circle.

Alexander-Arnold’s ‘it means more’ comments have got to be woven into a chant by the blues at Anfield.

‘Oh Lord, it means more…….’?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.