liverpool fc becomes the 1st club to stand against homophobi

Football guy

Representatives from LFC marched alongside LFC LGBT
(Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) at
Liverpool Pride, while the club also provided
a banner for the event.

Good move from the club , something every club should support.

Football guy said:
a banner for the event.

First club my arse. Do you actually know anything about our club ?

It is a sport where men are men, players who go down injured are derided as 'poofs', stars may feel forced to deny that they are homosexual and there is no 'out' gay player in any British dressing room.

Yet Manchester City have decided to challenge football's taboo by becoming a champion of equal rights, hiring gays to work at its stadium and training ground and attracting new supporters from the city's thriving gay and lesbian community. The Premiership side have become the first club to join a distinguished list of employers which are officially recognised as 'gay-friendly' by Stonewall, the gay rights campaign group, joining the likes of the BBC, Nike, the Royal Navy and Sainsbury's.

City have just paid a four-figure sum to join Stonewall's Diversity Champions scheme. Firms on the list follow policies designed to recruit and retain gay members of staff, such as banning offensive language in the workplace and to persuade some of Britain's estimated 3.6 million gays and lesbians to spend their 'pink pounds' with them.
<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:20 pm --<br /><br />
The Fat el Hombre said:
We had some sort of gay incentive thing at some point didn't we?

We did it way back in 2006.

They are 6 years after the first team and its hardly surprising they are doing this because after the shit they got for Suarez. If they did a stand against racism they would be laughed at.

stony said:
Football guy said:
a banner for the event.

Mod in ''I see what you did there'' moment.

jimharri said:
stony said:
Football guy said:
a banner for the event.

Mod in ''I see what you did there'' moment.

Nice to see Stony's picked up on it.

Cannot actually believe that it's 2012 and people still feel the need to advertise that they don't have problems with homosexuals! Fucking hell, it's something that shouldn't need saying. I can't believe that anyone in a Premier League football club would have an issue with someone's sexuality, where the fuck have they been?

It's the same as that press conference the England cricket captain gave a few years back in Australia when one of the England players 'came out'. The captain was saying that there wasn't an issue! The fact that he had to give a press conference about it actually said to me that there was a problem.

Seems to me like professional sportsmen need to fucking grow up!

Never mind that the title of this thread is wrong, when Liverpool FC make a stand against racism I might take what they do seriously. Until then the phrase 'pathetic club trying desperately to get good publicity' springs to mind

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.