Liverpool (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I knew those missed opportunities (& a little help fro the ref ) would bite us on the arse. Still, with Stones & KDB fit for the 2nd half of the season & players properly integrated, we should be well set to push on.

Dippers lucky to be honest, we missed opportunities to secure the game and it came back to haunt us.

That said, the disallowed goal against them was a joke, and they hardly threatened all game bar the odd break

There's cannon fodder at the bottom every season. That's why they're at the bottom. Southampton, Leeds, Everton, Leeds, all of them garbage last season. As always with this City team, if we're within 3 to 5 points off the top by the time February/March comes around, we go on and win it. Best to leave these "are we better or worse?" chats until crunchtime. We were fucking bobbins until about January/February last season and we had players like Cancelo being kicked out the club mid-season. Would have been easy to write us off - I did, so did many others. So far this season it looks like we've got a happy, young squad full of potential and with loads of key players to come back from injuries.

I think this is deluxe cannon fodder. If a horse likes to slice its way through mid division and come late, you will accept that at one point that it might not get the openings. I think going to Saudi, coupled with a threadbare squad (we got lucky with injuries last year, as did Liverpool in their title winning year) Luck is unsustainable, as you have no choice. Would Pep have made a change, if there were no significant drop off? Hence there is a drop off.

Exactly ! this was one of the hardest fixture sandwiched between right after international and starting of holiday season . We have been hammered by injuries so no luck on that front .

The success we have had over the last 10 years can be the pressure pot for fans and an overreaction at times in settling for a point at home to Liverpool, But the truth is in all of them years of success, it has been the last 5 to 10 games of a season campaign after picking up 1 point in the bigger games that gives us the platform to kick on in the run in,

I will say sooner rather than later, City fans will have to deal with a season without silverware, Then on Bluemoon the mods will be working overtime and handing out bans because some fans just will not handle it

Good post. We've not had a team really set the pace like Arsenal did last season, so we're in a very good place with excellent players still to return. Let's be honest, our midfield has been decimated for much of the season. I think a win against Spurs next week puts us on the same number of points at the 14-game mark of last season (after Brentford at home, ie World Cup). Anyone who has watched City for just a few years knows not to panic. Going on another two-month winning streak probably wins us the league.

I'm very happy with where we are at the moment. Lots of points will be dropped by all teams this season.
Yeah this is right. By matchweek 13 we'd played 11 games last season so things aren't properly lined up. We're basically on par with where we were after the same amount of games last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.