Liverpool (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Watched with the sound off but that City attack the ref halted instead of playing advantage looked just as dodgy as the disallowed goal. Unless I missed something, I don't know why he stopped it. Sky never showed a replay of it either but the players looked incensed.

While not at our absolute best, I think we looked miles better than them for most of the game except for being wasteful in the final 3rd. I don't think Liverpool deserved a draw on the balance play but maybe I'm biased. Ake had a great game defensively and offensively. As did Doku IMO, the stats might not show it(though he should have had at least one assist, if Alvarez had his shooting boots on) but he had them panicked every time he had the ball and he seems to know the system eerily well, considering he's not yet had even half a season at City.

A bit flat all round. Absolutely nothing wrong with the disallowed goal. They wouldn't have come back from 2 nil at that stage. Scousers got away with one there and I'm fully expecting Klopp to acknowledge their good fortune.

We take the point at this stage of the season and move on, it was a bitty game truth be told and little chances for both teams, I will say for a so-called Big game at 12.30pm after the international break is crazy
Obviously been said before but blame the Scousers for the early KO.

A draw at home to a title rival is a decent result the way we've been playing. We haven't been anywhere near our best at anytime this season and people were too quick to think everything was fine again after we dismantled an appalling rags team.

We've lost KDB, Stones and Gundog from the engine room, 3 technicians who can help to kill a game or unlock defences, 3 guys who helped us to tear these scouse pretenders to pieces 6 months ago. We never looked like doing that today.

If (and given KDB's age and Stonesy's injury record it's a big if) we get those two back in the side for an extended period, we should be able to put together the kind of run that will take us clear of a pretty mediocre pack this season.

A bit flat all round. Absolutely nothing wrong with the disallowed goal. They wouldn't have come back from 2 nil at that stage. Scousers got away with one there and I'm fully expecting Klopp to acknowledge their good fortune.
How often do we say “scousers got away with one” - its so frustrating because against any other team when we are the better team, 99% of the time we get our just reward… but for whatever reason we hardly ever get a result that reflects our superiority over them (more referencing the bigger games where both teams are toe to toe in the league, not last season etc)

Way I look at it, we have lost 2 late leads in the past 2 weeks. 4 points lost. But we're still in 2nd place right in touch. In all our title years, we have tightened up in the spring and we win those close games. Happens every year.

I do think we will need to get at least a point at Anfield -- but I'd back us to do that if it is close at the time.

Watched with the sound off but that City attack the ref halted instead of playing advantage looked just as dodgy as the disallowed goal. Unless I missed something, I don't know why he stopped it. Sky never showed a replay of it either but the players looked incensed.

While not at our absolute best, I think we looked miles better than them for most of the game except for being wasteful in the final 3rd. I don't think Liverpool deserved a draw on the balance play but maybe I'm biased. Ake had a great game defensively and offensively. As did Doku IMO, the stats might not show it(though he should have had at least one assist, if Alvarez had his shooting boots on) but he had them panicked every time he had the ball and he seems to know the system eerily well, considering he's not yet had even half a season at City.
Unfortunately Akanji went down holding his head so he had no choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.