Liverpool (H) | Post-Match Thread

The RAWK post match thread is great. A bit of bitterness but a general acceptance that their team is done. Fucked. Kapput. As Turkey teeth might say
Most of it is just going on about how City are cheats and they are unable to cope with the financial doping etc..
They are going on about FSG not spending money for the much needed 'rebuild', didn't they vote for FFP to stop the owners spending money? but complain when they can't spend money. Remember Van Dijk, Allison, Nunez all came on free transfers on minimum wage as they have such limited resources.

Oh and apparently every reffing decision went against them and the first city goal was offside?

Fair play to Klopp in his post match interview with a fair assessment. No excuses about the weather or length of the grass today. Gracious in defeat.

No mention on the thread of the away stands emptying when the fourth went in.

I don't join in with the 'always the victims', but I really don't think it's fair of the club to call it inappropriate, hateful and offensive. Tarring thousands of your own fans with a very wide brush. It's clear to me that there's plenty of reasons City fans sing it, and none of them are anything to do with Hillsborough.

If it was the 'murderers' chant, fair enough.
The murderers chant is also fuck all to do with Hillsborough

Totally accept everything in your 2nd paragraph. The media are such fucking pathetic sycophants that they always try to bail out the dipper fans by the use of their deflective tactics and headlines.

And I seriously question what the fuck our Media/PR Team think their statement will achieve other than to totally piss their own supporters off and give the dippers another opportunity to believe the myth that they are always victims of some terrible injustice.

City cannot condone such an attack, but without proof of guilt, they surely can't apologise for it either ?
I think we have taken the high road, and given the example of what happens when you almost always choose the low road over in Liverpool, I will take this every time.

We are better than them and we are showing why we are better than them.

We take responsibility to own issues connected with the club (or potentially related), even when we may not actually be directly responsible.

Let Liverpool claim to always be the victim whilst constantly creating destruction and behaving unethically, under a shield of captured media.

We are City, and we own our issues and actions, despite the nonsense the media and other ownerships spout (especially Liverpool’s owners).

Some excellent individual performances today, but a superb team performance where every player played their part.

Had a few reservations before the game , as I always detest playing these cunts and the rags in case we lose to them, but after conceding the goal and then Jack's superb tracking back, the whole game turned on it's head and we took complete control of the game.

Always great to beat the dippers, but outplaying them as we did, just provided the icing on the cake.

Well done to the whole team and management .
Ake is just great for us, has that desire to be a defender (rare these days) and is looking more comfortable on the ball, dropping his shoulder to give himself an extra yard - gives him two passing options now. He is learning from Stones in that regard I guess. Great asset to have in the team / squad

Proper tasty today, even in the family stand, it kicked off after the match, not sure what happened near 241, there were a few scousers dotted around, after the second goal I looked round to see this chap frowning, when I asked why he wasn’t celebrating he said he was a neutral

My gripe is with the media for seeking to deflect away from our marvellous performance by referencing the "coach attack", the "inappropriate chanting" and Pep's "inappropriate celebration" and our own Media/PR team for immediately issuing two separate apologies to that club within a short time of the end of the game and in effect criticising City fans for the chanting and object thrown at their coach (when the club has no idea at this stage if it was thrown by a City fan or not).
I have no gripe with our PR team whatsoever, if you just keep saying "sorry" whenever somebody asks you to it lessens its meaning.

It's effectively like a teenager saying "yeah, soz" without even looking up from his X-box.

That's how I see it anyway, others may have a different opinion, but "yeah soz about that" ;)

Agreed.

I am actually glad the club have said what they have.

There is no better superiority than actually being superior to others because of their ethical failings and in order to achieve such superiority, you have to act as you would want others to act.

We are better than Liverpool, both as a club and a fan base and we are showing it by actually taking responsibility to call out unacceptable behaviour, even if we aren’t directly responsible.

Contrast that with Liverpool’s response (or lack there of) to nearly every incident involving their club.

You either want to be superior to them or you want us to fall to their level, you can’t have both.

Was not peeved of with our pr department statement on the singing and the one brick bus attack but After reading this have to say you are right!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.