Liverpool terror attack

Telling it like it is. And that is in no way to condone terrorist attacks on anyone in this or any other country. But the plain fact is that when the US-trained and backed Afghan forces killed an estimated 40 guests at a wedding party, by mistake, does it surprise anyone that the relatives and family of those 40 people saw it as a repulsive terrorist attack? It does not change anything for them that it was carried out by a state, or two states working in cooperation. The bullets and missiles still penetrate flesh and bone in the same terrible way.
Except that the Bhuddists in Burma (Myanmar) are systematically torturing, raping and murdering Rohinga Muslims, the Chinese are doing similar to the Uihigar (sp) muslims. Why are they never targeted?
I am not defending our or Americas foreign policy, the invasion of Iraq was a war crime but the terrorists are very selective in who they target, i.e. the west. It us a political cause rather than religious or retaliation.

Ok. So let’s say it’s a bit early to know what this person wanted to do this - which of our foreign policies you listed (or possibly missed off) they disapproved of. There is a probably a note somewhere to say why they wanted to rain death down on folk

What was the reason for the Arena bombing then? You know why did he kill 22 innocent folk?

The IRA had an agenda, a stated claim. Whatever anyone thought of their actions we knew why they were doing them.
I can't speak for individual groups or lone wolves but moving towards resolving the issues I raise would be a start. What isn't so complex is that if UK manufactured bombs are used to destroy a village, or maim a family, someone will justify retaliation in the UK. Just dismissing terrorists without any attempt to understand their actions is doomed to failure and more mayhem.

Genuine question and apologise if its been asked before, be assured there is no personal racist agenda but....

If this guy had an asylum request turned down 7 years ago.... what is he still doing in this country - Asylum request denied = deportation does it not? Yeas appeals etc,,, but 7 years?

Except that the Bhuddists in Burma (Myanmar) are systematically torturing, raping and murdering Rohinga Muslims, the Chinese are doing similar to the Uihigar (sp) muslims. Why are they never targeted?
I am not defending our or Americas foreign policy, the invasion of Iraq was a war crime but the terrorists are very selective in who they target, i.e. the west. It us a political cause rather than religious or retaliation.
Interesting points.

Genuine question and apologise if its been asked before, be assured there is no personal racist agenda but....

If this guy had an asylum request turned down 7 years ago.... what is he still doing in this country - Asylum request denied = deportation does it not? Yeas appeals etc,,, but 7 years?
The same question has been posed today by Migration Watch.

You've sort of answered your own question by the way you posited the question.

Having to add a caveat that you haven't got a racist agenda by asking why this person hasn't been deported yet when it's a perfectly reasonable question.

Please tell me why you think what is happening in Yemen is criminal.
“Gross human rights violations, including what could amount to war crimes, are being committed throughout the country.”
- Amnesty International

90 unlawful air strikes is a specific example if you want one.

The west wants to scrap around looking for reasons, trying to understand, looking at why we are to blame - what can we do that will make the next would be terrorist stop. But these terrorists simply don’t give any justification for their actions - nothing - if you catch them in one piece it’s usually to the sound of “allah is great” or something similar not “this for the 40 slaughtered at a wedding”. I think only ISIS have said they want the death of all infidels or something equally genocidal.

You've reminded me of a very good answer I once heard against the charge that western foreign policy is to blame for, or at least invites, Islamic terrorism.

Not long after the U.S. had become an independent nation, it set out to build its naval trade capacity. It wasn't long before American sailors were being killed or kidnapped in the Mediterranean by Barbary pirates. In response, a U.S. representative - I think it was Jefferson, but can't remember for certain - requested to meet with an ambassador from Tripoli in London to talk about it.

At the meeting he asked the Tripoli rep why this was happening. The U.S. was a new nation, it hadn't been involved in the Crusades, and it didn't even yet have a 'foreign policy'. The answer from the Tripoli man was simply "Because you are infidels, and the Quran compels us do to this".

Islamic fundamentalism, or indeed any form of religious-based terrorism, doesn't nor ever has needed western foreign policy (no matter how destructive it has been) as an excuse to do shitty things to people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.