Liverpool terror attack

Thanks, whilst I find your reply plausible I don't fully understand it... I think.

If the reason for delay was as you suggest it COULD be (embroiled in civil war) then would that not be a case to allow the application? I appreciate we don't have all the facts but the fact that he was denied 7 years ago just seems wrong.

It’s a matter of logistics not just the appeal decision, how would the home office organise a flight to Syria and land within government held territory?

And how would the plan to do so get past human rights challenges?

Immigration decisions are frequently appealed and won, it might have been a wrongful decision. He might have lied during the process, the was a BBC documentary a few years ago where the legal aid lawyer would repeat frequently the maxim of immigration law "if you lie, you lose", once the tribunals have learned that you are dishonest they won't be sympathetic to your case.

And people do lie, travel under false documents, claim to be from Afghanistan when they are from Pakistan. There is often no black and white in immigration and asylum stories.

It’s a matter of logistics not just the appeal decision, how would the home office organise a flight to Syria and land within government held territory?

And how would the plan to do so get past human rights challenges?

Immigration decisions are frequently appealed and won, it might have been a wrongful decision. He might have lied during the process, the was a BBC documentary a few years ago where the legal aid lawyer would repeat frequently the maxim of immigration law "if you lie, you lose", once the tribunals have learned that you are dishonest they won't be sympathetic to your case.

And people do lie, travel under false documents, claim to be from Afghanistan when they are from Pakistan. There is often no black and white in immigration and asylum stories.
Thanks again and I get what you're saying.... "it's complicated"

However, if he was denied and couldn't return him for reasons various, surely he should be kept in secure accommodation. Apparently he wasn't known to MI5,

I personally think we have been or are very lax in this area.

Thanks again and I get what you're saying.... "it's complicated"

However, if he was denied and couldn't return him for reasons various, surely he should be kept in secure accommodation. Apparently he wasn't known to MI5,

I personally think we have been or are very lax in this area.

He may not have carried out any activities likely to come under their radar.

I haven't been reading the full details case in the papers, but the homemade bomb clearly looks amateurish, if he hasn't been trying to purchase fertiliser (or other types of bomb fuel) or conventional trigger devices he could have easily slipped under the radar.

Christian Convert, maybe he hasn't been looking at Islamic extremism material online or attending known groups.

I would agree that the retribution would be worse which is why I made the point that it is not about revenge for our foreign policy.

I don’t recall Burma ever invading/colonising countries in the Middle East. Nor China. We on the hand have been involved in the area for strategic reasons for nigh on two centuries. Between the two world wars, Britain was the dominant power in the area. The US has taken a more active role since then.

There is politics, history and more recent actions that point to why we are more of a focus than Burma.

I don’t recall Burma ever invading/colonising countries in the Middle East. Nor China. We on the hand have been involved in the area for strategic reasons for nigh on two centuries. Between the two world wars, Britain was the dominant power in the area. The US has taken a more active role since then.

There is politics, history and more recent actions that point to why we are more of a focus than Burma.
So invading a country is worse than what the Bhuddist military junta is doing to the Rhohingas ! They have effectively stated the Rohinga do not exist which is why over a million people have had to flee to Bangladesh The Burmese are murdering them without any retribution. What we have done pales into insignificance to the current whole scale slaughter of a group of people.

I definitely do not want western governments to intervene in Burma or China. I asked why Islamic terrorists do not target these countries as they are killing innocent believers in Islam, the same excuse used to justify attacks on the west.
For whatever faults China may have, the fact that religion was banned throughout the country wasn't such a bad idea it would seem...

Christopher Hitchens? ;)
Yes, you're right! Thank you, it was driving me mad trying to remember.
I am not an expert in Islam but surely Bhuddists are also infidels in that they to do not believe in Mohammed.
So why are they not subjected to attacks?
My belief is it is simply political, those in power use Islam to ensure they remain in power.
It's a good question, and I don't have an answer to that. Although, I recall some Islamic terrorist attacks on Buddhist targets in Sri Lanka, so perhaps it happens but just doesn't make the headlines.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.