Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I’m saying is I don’t remember an official bid coming in. Perhaps there was behind closed doors. But it never made it public is all

There was no official bid for either player which was probably due to the fact that both Aguero and Silva were quoted as saying they were happy at City when any press speculation started. IIRC there reports in the press for a few seasons that Real/Barca were after Aguero and Silva. Each time both players made it clear they weren’t interested.

The above is in stark contrast to most players of other teams who are linked with other clubs; they usually say how flattered they are or the more commonplace “you never know in football”, which is tantamount to saying “make a bid”.

To be fairness I reckon they’ll get one more season out of Salah before he moved on for for silverware.

Won’t win anything under Jurgen “The choker” klopp

I find it amazing that Courtinho is still regarded as a Liverpool legend and a Saint, even though he and his Agent engineered a move to Barcelona, and he wouldn't stay until the end of this season, forcing Liverpool to sell him in January.

Yet Sterling is slaughtered by the self-proclaimed best and most passionate fans in the World for moving to City, to play for probably the best Manager in the World, and to win trophies. But according to 50,000 LFC fans inside Anfield, he's just a 'greedy bastard'. (along with abuse on social media and death threats)

Class. Something's at LFC never change.

Comparisons with Messi. No fans in the world do delusion like Liverpool fans.

No team has spent more and failed to win the prem than Liverpool, yet we're the mercenaries.

Can't wait to knock them out and we will.

Lol. Brilliant.
Got to be honest here pal, you've got some balls coming on here. But i will say you seem a fair minded type so fair play. I don't disbelieve you saying you haven't booed Sterling, but every game he's played for us, particularly the last game, the booing and whistling everytime he was on the ball is fuckin toxic, and the majority of those Liverpool fans at the game are guilty of this.
Compare that to the stick we give Milner and the difference is? You tell me!

Got to be honest here pal, you've got some balls coming on here. But i will say you seem a fair minded type so fair play. I don't disbelieve you saying you haven't booed Sterling, but every game he's played for us, particularly the last game, the booing and whistling everytime he was on the ball is fuckin toxic, and the majority of those Liverpool fans at the game are guilty of this.
Compare that to the stick we give Milner and the difference is? You tell me!

Thanks mate. You have to have thick skin. And I’ve liked the discussion I’ve had. It’s really interesting hearing other fans point of view, I’m not boxed in my Liverpool world only listening to Liverpool fans and Liverpool pundits. I wanna hear everyone’s opinions I think it’s so cool. I just hope my opinions come across as nice discussion/banter and nothing more. I might have to try harder at that.

Truth is Sterling was my favourite player at Liverpool during his time. Obviously Suárez was great, but I always liked Sterling. And when he left I never understood the hate from pool fans. What’s more I never understood the “ah well, he’s rubbish. Moving on” I always said and still think to this day he will do great things. Maybe not world class, but I think he’ll be a very good PL player. Just because he left doesn’t mean my opinions of him are blinded.

Like I’ve said. I’ve never booed him. What’s more I’ve never booed anyone. You know how when players take corners,throw ins, goal kicks or celebrations and you see fans swearing at them calling them names, middle finger making hand signs etc? I find that disgusting!

I mean what’s the point? What’s more is you can bet that if their team signed that player they’d suddenly all love him. Fans are fickle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.