Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Coutinho having an average season, then they sell him for £70-80m next summer, if he has to stay there. I just hope he doesn't play against us in a few weeks haha!
He's going to nurse himself through the season. Score the worldies in the big games so Brazil pick him for the WC.

This whole Coutinho thing has been managed terribly. Whoever is in charge of comms at Liverpool should be sacked. They are in real danger of not selling him and not getting the big fee they so obviously want now. FSG and Klopp have backed themselves into a corner with their crazy comments about how they are not a selling club and he will never be sold. Joke club.

This whole Coutinho thing has been managed terribly. Whoever is in charge of comms at Liverpool should be sacked. They are in real danger of not selling him and not getting the big fee they so obviously want now. FSG and Klopp have backed themselves into a corner with their crazy comments about how they are not a selling club and he will never be sold. Joke club.

But we don't want to sell! That's the game, and it's also why I'm not even mad at Southampton and Red Bull.

Now there's an argument that from the point of being pragmatic, selling Coutinho would allow us to improve the squad. Maybe.

Thing is, check this out:

Suarez --> Markovic, Balotelli, Lambert
Mascherano --> Poulsen
Alonso --> Aquilani

I'm nervous AF that we wouldn't spend Coutinho's windfall well. It's not the comms guys that are the problem, it's the scouts. How are we in a situation where we have not improved the SQUAD (even before Coutinho leaving) and where there is no realistic replacement for Coutinho in place?

I can see Coutinho having an average season, then they sell him for £70-80m next summer, if he has to stay there. I just hope he doesn't play against us in a few weeks haha!

Not in a world cup year and approaching his prime.

But curious, how good do you think he is? Is he significantly better than....Sigurdsson, Ramsey, Ericksen or even Lallana? I'm asking not saying.

Psychologically, fans tend to downplay the importance of a player leaving perhaps as a coping mechanism.

But curious, how good do you think he is? Is he significantly better than....Sigurdsson, Ramsey, Ericksen or even Lallana? I'm asking not saying.

Psychologically, fans tend to downplay the importance of a player leaving perhaps as a coping mechanism.
Significantly better than the ones highlighted and better than Sigurdsson.

I didn't mean that he would have an average season deliberately, I just think this has pissed him off to the extent that maybe if he stays, his mind won't quite be there, as it always has in the past.

In a decent side Ramsey is better. However his injury record is poor.

They should of got Nasri for a season and he surely would off wanted to prove a point there, plus might of got 10 million for him aswell.....

But we don't want to sell! That's the game, and it's also why I'm not even mad at Southampton and Red Bull.

Now there's an argument that from the point of being pragmatic, selling Coutinho would allow us to improve the squad. Maybe.

Thing is, check this out:

Suarez --> Markovic, Balotelli, Lambert
Mascherano --> Poulsen
Alonso --> Aquilani

I'm nervous AF that we wouldn't spend Coutinho's windfall well. It's not the comms guys that are the problem, it's the scouts. How are we in a situation where we have not improved the SQUAD (even before Coutinho leaving) and where there is no realistic replacement for Coutinho in place?
Good post.i feel your pain red scouse.

A scouser "ITK" told me tonight that Sanchez is snubbing us to join the cult as he's always wanted to play for Liverpool on their fabled European nights at Anfield...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.