Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo is shitting playing us twice in a week.

He know we could destroy their season in only 6 days. And we will.
I’m confident Mat.
Yes they are in a purple patch at present but if we are on our A game they will shit the bed.
Recent meetings are in our favour.
I just hope Pep avoids a brain fart and ends up putting Mahrez in goal.Having said that we do have Pigmol to worry about.
Atm we don’t have to win the league game but fuck it. Let’s put this mentality monster shit to bed for good.
I bet the Dips are writing their excuses as we speak. They never ever lose fairly.

Last edited:
I’m confident Mat.
Yes they are in a purple patch at present but if we are on our A game they will shit the bed.
Recent meetings are in our favour.
I just hope Pep avoids a brain fart and puts Mahrez in goal.Having said that we do have Pigmol to worry about.
Atm we don’t have to win the league game but fuck it. Let’s put this mentality monster shit to bed for good.
I bet the Dips are writing their excuses as we speak. They never ever lose fairly.
As soon as Klopp said it my first thought was there's the excuse when they bottle it.

Im glad we have them in the FA cup and the league and possibly the Cl.

They're coming into form at the right time, they've strengthened the squad and are able to fight on all fronts, klopp seems t9o have kept the team spirit going too! I fear they could win the lot this year, they're getting the luck too (And who knows what influence from media and PL bosses).

Only City can stop them, no one else, not even Bayern.

But the point stands, no other English or European team has caused the death of anyone inside a football stadium anywhere in Europe.
If they hadn't attacked the Juve the wall would not have been an issue.
The area you are referring to was a neutral zone. European football authorities perhaps stupidly, thought adults would behave in a civilised way. Sadly they forgot Dippers are a different breed.
A neutral zone full of Juventus fans at a stadium only used for internationals where Liverpool and Juve had both asked for it to be moved and where Arsenal had stated was the worst they had ever played at for a prior final ?
A neutral zone of a single chain fence where Juve and Liverpool fans fought , not just dippers charging at them ?

The worst organised match in the history of European matches where the FA president was charged and the local chief of police, both found guilty ?

Let's just blame the dippers cause that's easier, arsehole

A neutral zone full of Juventus fans at a stadium only used for internationals where Liverpool and Juve had both asked for it to be moved and where Arsenal had stated was the worst they had ever played at for a prior final ?
A neutral zone of a single chain fence where Juve and Liverpool fans fought , not just dippers charging at them ?

The worst organised match in the history of European matches where the FA president was charged and the local chief of police, both found guilty ?

Let's just blame the dippers cause that's easier, arsehole
The dippers ran at the juve fans, they caused the deaths you clown.

Both sets of fans are similar in so many ways. Two cheeks of the same arse is so apt when it comes to these two clubs.

The media are complicit with it all n’all. Right up the arses of both clubs. The funniest one was when they were marketing a game between them at Old Trafford a few years ago as England’s El Classico when they were 7th and 8th in the league in the Spring. Desperate stuff from the media but it’s also the way both sets of fans behave n’all; away with the fairies, heads in the clouds. The rest of the country were laughing at them, especially the 6 teams above them.

The truth is neither club have had more than a few decades where they were very successful and the rest of their history has been mundane. No club in England is that much more successful than the rest. 20 league titles isn’t that many really, and it’d only take other clubs to have a good few decades like both of them had to catch up. It’s not like we’re all chasing Celtic and Rangers or Nacional and Peñarol where it would take a century to catch up.

But the way both sets of fans, both clubs, and the media act and portray them both is as if both clubs have always been top clubs winning 50+ league titles each while the rest of England are insignificant.

You can see with Liverpool’s slogan the other year “This Means More” how deluded they are. The club believes it, the fans are like a cult and believe it, the media are proper sycophantically weird and also believe it and also push it.

It’s why both clubs draw in so many sad twats from here there and anywhere to “support” them. A load of losers who have no pride in where they come from so support a club from miles away to get some reflected glory in their lives and feel better about themselves. It’s why so many of their fans act like spoilt brats and can’t take it when they lose or go years without trophies. They’ve been drawn in by this myth that these two clubs are special and are always winning things yet both clubs have gone decades without winning the title in the past and they can’t handle it when they aren’t winning. They’ve been sold on a myth and don’t understand it’s a myth.
Obviously coming at this from the other side (I would suspect many would say "the dark side") I agree with much of what you say. Players, managers, teams come and go and so their success will also come and go.
From the powerhouse that was Preston or Huddersfield, to "the bank of England club", Leeds, Forest etc have all come and gone.
Television (the drug of the nation) increased access to it and built the images of bringing in "fans" from further afield and also creating a whole new media market. Fed the narrative as to who the "big" clubs were/are from the late 60's/early 70's onwards.
Whereas before clubs support was mainly drawn from their locality it spread along with who was successful at the time. Drawn in by the glitz and the glamour...yet how many of them ever went to a Central League game?
I moved over here in 2000 and was amazed at the support for English clubs ...and of course the "Old Firm". Wondering why on earth people would support "foreign clubs"...and it is all down to media and branding that increased visibility in the 70s and onwards...as I work with a few Leeds fans who may have been to Elland Rd once in their lives....but then thats probably one time more than many a Liverpool or Rag fan from over here.
As for "This Means More", alongside "The Theatre of Dreams", it really is all media branding, corporate bullshit that has come with the global game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.