Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s the difference between us maybe, you’re a football fan, who can “step back”.
I’m not a “football fan” at all. I never watch games that don’t involve us - not gonna waste my time. I’m only a City supporter, not a general football fan. I honestly don’t care about the bigger picture of an exciting title race etc.
As such, that’s probably why our views diverge.
That's not what I mean - I'm saying that being a City fan is more exciting when there's a title race.

Surely you can see that jeopardy makes a difference? For example, winning 5-0 at Everton in the last game of the 20/21 season was great, as was winning the title that year when United lost at Leicester.

But does that compare to those six minutes against Villa last season? Or the Aguero goal?

Yesterday was a fun win, but it wasn't as exciting as the comeback against Crystal Palace. The games that have been the most exciting over the last few years have been against Liverpool even though we're much more likely to drop points. I do want to win every game individually, but I also want it to mean something - football is nothing without competition.

The fuckers are broken.

View attachment 57832
At least that poster isn’t blaming any perceived decline on us. He’s identified exactly what the problem is at Liverpool and with better planning and proper investment in refreshing the squad when FSG were coining it in, they’d be in a much better place than they are now.

It still wouldn’t surprise me if they turned us over next week though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.