Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.webp
Sloppy, very sloppy!

Well, from what's being reported on BBC sport pages, it looks like Arnold is going after an mbe sainthood like sir fish of fingers at Trafford.
Can't say it had my undivided attention but something along the lines of raising awareness of players who are let go early in their careers. All laudable stuff.

Did have silly sally on his sofa so operation gong on track?

He was in studio and admitted he/ other players didn't focus much on the "academic side."

Firstly don't lfc have mechanisms in place for kids who don't make it? City take great pains to educate our kids and prepare them for a life outside football.

A certain Belgian man mountain managed to fit in being position defining defender, a social engagement champion, charity fundraiser and all round good guy with earning an MBA from Manchester Business School.

Don't know if they asked him about our game last night as I switched off.

I see they got yet another hugely controversial VAR handball claim in their favour again last night. Actually, they didn't because it didn't even go to a VAR review. It absolutely stinks! Having Liverpool in the top 4 is good for the PL 'brand'. So it will be made to happen one way or another. Corruption and nothing else.

Parody quote, but a believable quote from RAWK, expecially given the crap spouted at the start of the season:

'He's leaving it a bit late but Nunez will come good and be the best goal scorer this PL season easily beating Haaland to the golden boot.

Only a minor 24 goals to go, to match Haaland's current 33 - and Haaland's clearly on a goal drought till the end of the season, it's obvious that he's a part season wonder.
So that's only 4 goals per game Nunez needs to add on to his massive star studded 9 so far, with an extra one thrown in to overtake the fake Norse god. Easy. '

Can't say it had my undivided attention but something along the lines of raising awareness of players who are let go early in their careers. All laudable stuff.

Did have silly sally on his sofa so operation gong on track?

He was in studio and admitted he/ other players didn't focus much on the "academic side."

Firstly don't lfc have mechanisms in place for kids who don't make it? City take great pains to educate our kids and prepare them for a life outside football.

A certain Belgian man mountain managed to fit in being position defining defender, a social engagement champion, charity fundraiser and all round good guy with earning an MBA from Manchester Business School.

Don't know if they asked him about our game last night as I switched off.
Good interview though, when he name checks old team mates who now have normal jobs, but mentioned how shocked they were and with so many getting dropped he's not suprised that so many struggle mentally. 99% don't make it so wholst clubs SHOULD have a duty of care many don't and he's stepped in to do his bit. Fair play

Awe it must be nice to be able to take the season off every 12 months!

Couldn’t keep up with City despite robbing our data and colluding with the other premier teams to charge us. No wonder your fans are so feral at times. Next year sure it might be your year again now that you have failed miserably to challenge.

Consistently challenging and winning just means more to city.

Eh?

Good interview though, when he name checks old team mates who now have normal jobs, but mentioned how shocked they were and with so many getting dropped he's not suprised that so many struggle mentally. 99% don't make it so wholst clubs SHOULD have a duty of care many don't and he's stepped in to do his bit. Fair play
I've got a friend who went through it in Scotland, and he said that they deliberately keep boys that they know are never going to make it because you need a team for the ones that will. If you didn't keep dangling the carrot of getting into the first team one day, it might be a struggle to get a team together for some clubs. Probably at City, it's a bit different because you'd expect plenty of them to be good enough to have a career in football at least. But I wonder how many get disillusioned with not being good enough for City that they lose the desire and miss out on what would be a perfectly respectable (and well paid) career in the lower leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.