Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

I’m not counting them or the arse out just yet, still a long way to go and there will be more hiccups along the way for all 3 teams..
Unlikely as it is, they could still go through in the Thursday night cup too…

I won’t be getting giddy until it’s 100% nailed on they can’t win anything else this season..
Probably because I’m a FOC but I can’t celebrate until it’s really over for the mard arsed bin dipping scum..
I agree. I totally wasn't expecting either result yesterday other than routine shedload of goals scored home wins. But one good day for us, a PL title does not make.

I agree that the Dips are not out of the Atalsnta game yet, they were ' unlucky' yesterday with missed shots ( ha ha) but they are capable of being clinical.

Arse - I just don't want them going through.

That’s the mentality of the two clubs, 6 games left and 18 points to play for with a two point gap. When it was 2012 and City were 8 points behind United did they Chuck the towel in? When it was injury time in 2012 and City needed two goals did they chuck the towel in to win a first league title in 40 odd years?

2022 two nil down to Villa, did City chuck the towel in? That’s the difference between the two clubs, all their banging on about history and ‘This means more’ doesn’t create a winning mindset to go and win when it’s on the line. Probably why they have only one league title since you couldn’t pass back to the keeper.
‘Mentality monsters’
‘This means more’
‘See things others can not’
‘Imagine being us’

Mission statements in commerce were always a complete load of sound bite bollox, they are even more comical bollox when used by football teams /fans.

Compare with

‘Centurions’
‘Fourmidables’
‘Champions again ole ole’

… these are mission accomplished statements, not hopes for the future.

Fantasy vs fact.

I’m not counting them or the arse out just yet, still a long way to go and there will be more hiccups along the way for all 3 teams..
Unlikely as it is, they could still go through in the Thursday night cup too…

I won’t be getting giddy until it’s 100% nailed on they can’t win anything else this season..
Probably because I’m a FOC but I can’t celebrate until it’s really over for the mard arsed bin dipping scum..
All 100% correct. All I will say is the events went brilliantly for us over the weekend and you can say nothing more than that.

But I ask you, whose position would you rather be in right nw, taking into account City's ability to see out the season?

That’s the mentality of the two clubs, 6 games left and 18 points to play for with a two point gap. When it was 2012 and City were 8 points behind United did they Chuck the towel in? When it was injury time in 2012 and City needed two goals did they chuck the towel in to win a first league title in 40 odd years?

2022 two nil down to Villa, did City chuck the towel in? That’s the difference between the two clubs, all their banging on about history and ‘This means more’ doesn’t create a winning mindset to go and win when it’s on the line. Probably why they have only one league title since you couldn’t pass back to the keeper.

Mentality monsters

Oh you know that, I know that, we City fans know that.

But just LOOK at the reaction of everyone else...! That's the difference between a level headed fanbase and overreactionary, clout seeking, drama addicts in the red top fanbases.

Let's be fair, half of this forum were shitting their knickers a month ago saying we've blown it and other teams won't drop points. I've always said it's unlikely other teams won't drop points, including us.

Our fans are often overreationary too, you don't need to go beyond this forum to see it.

That said, letting us put it in our hands with 6 games to go is an absolutely clanger from the other two teams. Not that fans should throw the towel in, but they know how well City handle this situation compared to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.