Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Was it a well-publicised incident? Cos I hadn't heard about it. I asked my hubby and he said he hadn't but they should be banned, whoever the fans were.
Yep. It was in the news. A simple google search will show you that. It was on the National news and in every newspaper. Stunned your hubby never saw it. But then again, Kopites, certain news, never happened and all that!

The hate towards Pickford goes on today. Even Carragher and other ex reds feel a need to mention it still on TV and in the press. However, they never mention the two earlier tackles by VD that went unpunished. Trouble for VD was that Pickford was not going to back out of a tackle. You reap what you sow.

Classic example of deluded behaviour in this video. No Scouse accent and blames Everton fans

Last edited:
There’s no doubt there are, and I have several match going Liverpool mates who are decent people, but they unquestionably as a fan base are far less disposed to calling out wrong uns in their midst than other clubs. There are several cultural reasons for this. For example: ingrained habit of not grassing under any circumstances; out of towners frequently being intimidated by scouse fans, especially at away games; absence of criticism for reprehensible behaviour in the press.

All these things mean Liverpool fans are less self policed than any other group of supporters. I’m certain that if a City, United or Arsenal threw a bag of coins at opposition fans during a game, from the away end, that seriously injured a teenage girl in the home end, someone among them would identify and report them. No way is every **** in the away end not seeing that. Again and again we see this type of behaviour with no consequences whatsoever for the perpetrators, and the biggest factor in that is the fear amongst decent supporters of doing something about it.

Are you suggesting that culture is just as bad at other clubs?
Spot on mate

Everton have their idiots, as do all other clubs. Yet with them we can all see the special treatment that goes on. Trouble seems to follow them around, though it is never their fault. Always an excuse or a media ready to not mention it. Always brushing things under the carpet. They do have decent fans, but their level of idiots who behave as they please is way beyond anyone else.

However, if we call it out we just get called bitter.

The dippers are an immensely disliked football club, both here and abroad. Their fans are disliked even more than the club they follow.
Friends and family of mine go to Greece where are they told that Scousers are hated there. Switzerland, the same. Los Angeles, the same. They cannot always be wrong.
There is obviously something very wrong with the mentality of a lot of dipper fans if people from such far-flung destinations are united in their hatred of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.