Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

As a certain Chelsea executive (subsequently fired thereafter) said to a shocked Abramovic witnessing Anfield before the 2005 CL semi...you can’t just buy this, the passion, the pedigree, the history. What he actually meant was “the class”.

Just to throw my tuppence worth in on the last few pages.
IMO this whole "tragedy/victim thing" is just a general carry over from the whole "woke" thing in society in general.
At work at present my employer is rolling out this anti bullying / micro aggression bullshit training which basically allows anyone to say they feel upset about the slightest thing. Now anyone and everyone can feel however they want about what another person does or says...It doesnt actually make what was said offensive as a fact.
But then thats simply a case of freedom of speech. We live in a democracy
In the cases that are at the basis of all the angst/ire/hatred can often lie genuine hurt, but then whats wrong with an apology and then moving on? I have said it before..I think.... that my club didnt do enough in the past to take ownership of the blame (based on facts) but also failed to grasp how that failure impacted others.
The whole way that this issue has been dealt with is knee jerk and short sighted. Football is different from the work place, it is tribal and about "the bragging rights", about winding up opposition fans about tryign to give your team an advantage.
Afraid to say that Liverpool as a club and fan base have to accept or reap what they have sown in this respect.

Assuming the song Luton sang may be repeated at the Etihad the club needs to make it clear the risks to the hundreds potentially singing it well before the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.