Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Oh dear gdm. I think you are forgetting it's that time of year when every player at Liverpool is the best in the world in their respective positions.

I can get behind that. Saying that, they supposedly had the best players and manager for 2 seasons running, and we beat them to the title twice with a false 9 formation. Their fans and the Liverpool loving media are fully aligned in their delusion.

Pep can turn water into wine. That's why I'm confident he could improve Trent's all round game. Klopp is nowhere near his level.

I can get behind that. Saying that, they supposedly had the best players and manager for 2 seasons running, and we beat them to the title twice with a false 9 formation. Their fans and the Liverpool loving media are fully aligned in their delusion.

Pep can turn water into wine. That's why I'm confident he could improve Trent's all round game. Klopp is nowhere near his level.
It's nothing to do with management, it's a seasonal delusion that if it were based on reality would mean Liverpool would now have 30 PL titles instead of just the 1. It reminds us all that the school holidays are here and after last year's bubble of delusion was burst, the new one is now fully inflated.

He is one of the best passers in world football. This opinion is backed up by the fact he's broken the assists record from full back position. You can't be a terrible passer of the ball if you're creating that many chances/goals from defence, surely?

An assist is the pass that creates the goal, and he's got a record breaking number of them (54 assists in 198 prem games). You don't actually think he's just whacking it in the box with no target to aim for? You can't get lucky 54 times.
His total assist stats are impressive but he had 9 assists in the Premier League last season which is great for a full back but when you look at the bigger picture it’s not so impressive.

Those 9 assists came from 252 crosses and 26 through balls which means that one in every 31 attempts by him resulted in a goal.

By comparison KDB had 16 assists from 226 crosses and 28 through balls or a one in 14 success rate.

A fairer reflection would be he created 25 big chances although that can be subjective. It’s still just under 9% of his total attempts.

His passing, when successful can be impressive but unfortunately his completed passing rate is not as good as we are led to believe. He made 2309 passes in the Premier League last year and only 78.69% were completed. In other words 492 of his passes failed to find a target which averages out at just over 13 times per game played.

Rodri made over 600 more passes than TAA with a passing accuracy of 91.27%, John Stones has a passing accuracy of 93.25% in fact most of our team have better passing stats than young Mr Arnold.

If you cross to the other side of the pitch Andy Robertson had 8 assists with far fewer crosses and through balls, his passing accuracy was much better at 84% and he’s by far a more accomplished defender.

I think these stats show that rather than TAA being one of the best he’s just a player that has more attempts than anyone else and occasionally the spectacular comes off.

His total assist stats are impressive but he had 9 assists in the Premier League last season which is great for a full back but when you look at the bigger picture it’s not so impressive.

Those 9 assists came from 252 crosses and 26 through balls which means that one in every 31 attempts by him resulted in a goal.

By comparison KDB had 16 assists from 226 crosses and 28 through balls or a one in 14 success rate.

A fairer reflection would be he created 25 big chances although that can be subjective. It’s still just under 9% of his total attempts.

His passing, when successful can be impressive but unfortunately his completed passing rate is not as good as we are led to believe. He made 2309 passes in the Premier League last year and only 78.69% were completed. In other words 492 of his passes failed to find a target which averages out at just over 13 times per game played.

Rodri made over 600 more passes than TAA with a passing accuracy of 91.27%, John Stones has a passing accuracy of 93.25% in fact most of our team have better passing stats than young Mr Arnold.

If you cross to the other side of the pitch Andy Robertson had 8 assists with far fewer crosses and through balls, his passing accuracy was much better at 84% and he’s by far a more accomplished defender.

I think these stats show that rather than TAA being one of the best he’s just a player that has more attempts than anyone else and occasionally the spectacular comes off.
3 of those assists were for City.lol.

They'll still act like they're in a cult, cry poverty as they spend another 60 million on another player and klippety will continue to harass the officials with impunity, but I'd be surprised if they're not around at the end of the season.

I don't watch as much non city games as I used to, but when I watch a livarpool game, one of the main things I notice is that when taa receives the ball out wide on the touchline, he switches it on to his right foot and hits a 40/50 yard ball which invariably results in them losing possession. Would love a stato to come up with the numbers but I'd bet that he has an incredibly low pass completion on any pass attempt over 20 yards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.