Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

As others have posted something definitely going on yet not a peep from the media or any sort of leaks it’s as if something is being suppressed..
Too busy smokecreening it with the excruciating love-in of the kaiser

See the dipper media team arranged an interview with Sky for Van Dijk to backtrack on the comments he made a few days ago about being unsure about his future.....
c21ea2507abb3e26d714bdb18e2593ad.gif

100% correct.

I just don't get the timing, I don't buy into the theory that this would galvanise the team and spur them on to wanting to send him off with the PL title in the bag.

I am leaning more towards something is playing out behind the scenes and that thus is a delection to take all the attention away from the team. As if the scenario were to unfold that the dippers capitulate but are not questioned as the the reason would be klopp leaving as its cause
I would add given the decision was made a while ago with the board knowing Oct/Nov last year and the players a couple of weeks ago would guess there has been a leak and rather than let the Sun (other repulsive media outlets are available) have an exclusive the dippers have taken control of the narrative.

This is about backing in the transfer market imo. We are told he revealed his decision in November to the dipper pool board. I suspect that was right after they told him there was no transfer kitty without sales….van dickhead, mo salad etc etc..
I would agree to a degree...in that I think the timing of the announcement is all about the transfer market. However, my take on it is that there was a view that transfers would be difficult if it was known and planned that Klopp was leaving at the end of the year. Any player talking with the club would be asking questions about manager, his plans, how long he was staying and how they would fit in. If he was going then telling players/agents in advance would cause issues and mean that word would get out.
As for the future of VVD or Salah, once again its a case of the media wanting anything to make a story. New manager will come in and may want new players, new style and so no player is going to say that they will be 100% about their place or what they will do. That said, FSG have often sold players on big money to save their bottom line profit, so its entirely possible they will try and sell valuable "assets" whilst they still hold some value.

And away from all the media speculation and bullshit, it's back to the football tonight...and 2 games that could well determine whether we are going to run you lot close come May. Failure to get 6/4 points out of these next games could well be the difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.