Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

The seismic change to English football came about because the rags and the dippers -amongst others- wanted it: enter the Premier League.
Alongside the new league came the most powerful broadcasting company ever to dominate televised football in this country: enter Sly Sports.

The rags, more than any other club before or since, were the major beneficiaries of this new-found wealth and influence: they could (and did) buy the best player in every position, no other Prem club could compete with the rags when it came to buying players. The cartel was born.
An immensely unlikeable Scottish bully-boy was in charge of Sly Sports' favourite toy and was thus given free rein to do whatever he chose to do with the tacit approval of the Premier League. This snarling, ill-bred authoritarian would spit venom and ugly, foul-mouthed abuse to referees, their linesmen, and any other soul unfortunate enough to disagree with him. His club were favoured by all and sundry, especially those at Sly Sports. His club were given an endless supply of money to ensure they stayed at the top of the pyramid for as long as Rupert Murdoch's men wanted them there.

Approximately 30 years down the line the status quo remains relatively undisturbed. Yes, we joined the likes of Chelsea by having an obscenely rich benefactor come to our rescue, but unlike Chelsea we had a legitimate mega-wealthy oil baron to fund our success, not some shadowy figure with connections to a network of criminal oligarchs operating undercover somewhere within the bowels of the Kremlin - like some kind of latter-day Magwich.

But like most other clubs that make up the Premier League, we are pretty much cold-shouldered by Sly Sports and the broadcasting media in general.
In many parts of Europe we are respected and well liked because of our footballing philosophy and the way our club has flourished under our owners. People congratulate us for the way the Sheik has used his own money to galvanise the Etihad and the entire surrounding areas.

Contrast this with the hostility, repulsion and animosity we appear to receive from the British media day in day out.
Probably one of the best posts i've ever read. Epic.

FFP if you break it down is really unfair and the fact it's called fair play makes no sense.

It keeps the wealthy, wealthy and the poor clubs poor. If i had billions to spend I couldn't just invest in a club. I always liken it to me buying a pub in my local village. I buy the pub and then want to use my own money to add a fancy beer garden, but the local pub commission say I can't use my own money to make my pub better. In no other business would that be acceptable.

Would be an interesting turn up if Brentford get anything against LFC ?
The Human Horse would go bonkers with the early kick-off.
I think the pressure will get to Klopp if he sees City & Arsenal keep up their close pursuit.
He has bottled it previously, with his current team being less experienced than in previous seasons...

They don’t have any understanding of how their club got to dominate English football and with the investment put in by Littlewoods to get them out of the old second division. They did that in an era where you could spend as much as you like and you didn’t have 5 other clubs plotting against you to make up rules to curb how much money the owner could invest.

They were there when they carved up the Premier League tv deal where Liverpool, United, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton managed to get 15 percent whilst the likes of City, Chelsea, Ipswich, Oldham Athletic got 10 percent. They have been scheming to load the dice in their favour for well over 30 odd years. Their cultist supporters don’t have the acumen to ask the question where has all this extra tv money gone? Not to mention they monopolised the extended format of the champions league by qualifying pretty much every season in the 2000s.

Then they were at it again back in April 2021, Uefa’s car crash of an attempt to try and ban us from the champions league went down in flames, so Fenway sports were plotting with the Glazers and Florentino Perez to form a Super league as Uefa hadn’t done what they had asked to be done to City.

Every power play to gain a foothold over top level professional football in Europe their grubby hands are all over it. Thing is nothing they have tried so far as resulted in a sustain period of success, one premier league title in 30 odd years is pitiful for the most decorated team in English football. All their trophies were won when they had a financial advantage over everyone else. They don’t like it now a bigger fish rocks up and breaks their club so much that the owners would take a sale if anyone stumped up their money and bridesmaid Klopp can’t hack being destroyed by City every season. Their only hope is to cling onto some 115 charges, if they were really happening I don’t think Klopp would be getting off.
Excellent post

Huddersfield have won one less English league than us.

They’ve won 3. He googled it after saying that and had to back track when he discovered he was talking bollocks.

He then said we can’t be a big club because we haven’t won double digit league titles and suggested Arsenal we’re bigger than us.

Then, whoever his co host was said that we’d won the CL and Arsenal hadn’t and he sheepishly changed his stance again.

It’s just banter bollocks.
Cheers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.