Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Twat Arnold in his recent interview has effectively dismissed everything our boys have achieved on the field as unworthy.

Dias and Haaland are furious. I bet everyone else is too.

Let’s see how they handle us on Sunday. The fire has been lit.
That was a great put down by Ruben. Shows a real difference in class to that scumbag.

You mean the famous European Night matches under the lights at Anfield, played in front of the most knowledgeable and fair minded fans, where the kop can almost suck the ball into the net!!

I just saw a YouTube clip of a Liverpool fan slagging City’s support versus Brentford on Talksport. Dean Saunders mentioned he’s played in many European stadiums including Turkish derbies but nothing compares to the European games he played for Liverpool at Anfield under the lights.

I thought you bullshitting **** but I best check his European under the lights pedigree ……

5F38E3AE-C550-4877-9D9F-7C4FA7A76900.jpeg

I just saw a YouTube clip of a Liverpool fan slagging City’s support versus Brentford on Talksport. Dean Saunders mentioned he’s played in many European stadiums including Turkish derbies but nothing compares to the European games he played for Liverpool at Anfield under the lights.

I thought you bullshitting **** but I best check his European under the lights pedigree ……

View attachment 109527

The attendance figures are for a purchased ticket, the other 20.000 fans under the lights sneaked in or jumped over the walls or used fake tickets

View attachment 109527
Remarkably he has the 2nd best goals per minutes ratio of all Liverpool players in Europe, a goal every 51minutes. Mind you that was only 9 in 5 games, 4 goals in 1 game against Kuusysi and 5 against Tirol (3 at home, 2 away). He didn't actually play in the Auxerre game so 2x minnows and the only decent attendance saw them thrashed 4:1 on aggregate.

He's #119 in all comps for them.

Courtesy of lfchistory.net.

Liverpool legend my arse.

Remarkably he has the 2nd best goals per minutes ratio of all Liverpool players in Europe, a goal every 51minutes. Mind you that was only 9 in 5 games, 4 goals in 1 game against Kuusysi and 5 against Tirol (3 at home, 2 away). He didn't actually play in the Auxerre game so 2x minnows and the only decent attendance saw them thrashed 4:1 on aggregate.

He's #119 in all comps for them.

Courtesy of lfchistory.net.

Liverpool legend my arse.

How come I hear it & think fuck off Anfield would only sell out in semis prior to recent years & yet no one pulls him up.

The best atmosphere under the lights he played in for them was at Maine Road but I’m sure he’s wiped that from his memory.

View attachment 109527
Embarrassing ****.

View attachment 109527

Typical dippers over-hyping their own results/atmosphere/everything.

According to some dipper fact site they've won 53 of their 83 home games in the CL since it was re-branded as such. 63.9% win rate. Not great considering how incredible the atmosphere is there.

Looked back through our results, sadly we don't have the same site containing facts, probably because it doesn't mean as much to us...or just because we're not losers (I might be as I've just done the exercise myself) - Played 60 games at home in the CL and won 42 of them - 70% win rate. Not bad for empty seats and plastic fans. When you consider we didn't have a particularly good record under Mancini/Pellegrini it shows just how fucking tough it is to come to the Etihad these days. Far too superstitious to remind people when we last lost at home in the CL...but it's been a while.

Summary - Liverpool under the lights on a big European night is the toughest place to play in the world...except it's not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.