Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

It was mentioned at the time of the Paris CL Final that things might not have been so difficult for The Anfield Road Formation Brick Throwers' Society had the club taken up the option for electronic tickets, as other clubs such as Real Madrid had done.

Similarly, numerous claims were made about 'forgery rings' (particularly in the Winsford and Runcorn areas) selling fake tickets on the interweb-thingy to unsuspecting supporters.

Given the quality of these fakes, it's hard to see what the French authorities could have done to avoid the problems that occurred that night when the many additional thousands of supporters arrived at St Denis trying to gain entry with these forgeries..

Attachments

• acd83f0d-5152-4a1b-9dd2-d6de1407bfc8-1_all_167.jpg
    acd83f0d-5152-4a1b-9dd2-d6de1407bfc8-1_all_167.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 61
The fake tickets were a problem but a final so close to the UK was always going to get loads travelling for the atmosphere.
So that makes it OK, it's not the Liverpool fans fault but it being organised so close. If that was any other fanbase they wouldn't be getting a free pass & that includes them down the road

So that makes it OK, it's not the Liverpool fans fault but it being organised so close. If that was any other fanbase they would be getting a free pass & that includes them down the road

Loads of fans travel to European finals without tickets just to go to fan parks, sample the atmosphere and hopefully get a spare ticket. It's always happened, I'm sure our fans did the same in Istanbul. They would have done so in Portugal but covid restrictions were in place.

Loads of fans travel to European finals without tickets just to go to fan parks, sample the atmosphere and hopefully get a spare ticket. It's always happened, I'm sure our fans did the same in Istanbul. They would have done so in Portugal but covid restrictions were in place.
How many of those City fans in both Porto & Istanbul had fake tickets And it only seems to be a problem when Lfc fan go without tickets , I wonder why that is

How many of those City fans in both Porto & Istanbul had fake tickets And it only seems to be a problem when Lfc fan go without tickets , I wonder why that is

I don't know. Why not start an investigation? Get panorama involved or some other investigative body. Oh wait ...there was an investigation remember? The day after the game UEFA and the French authorities said that all the problems were caused by there being thousands of fake tickets. This causes delays at the turnstiles leading to disorder and crushing that led to the police using teargas and batons to quell. Except it was a lie. A few officials at that press conference resigned as a result. A long investigation into what happened was then done. This investigation came down in favour of the Liverpool fans version of events. As a result many will now get compensation. Don't let your hatred of the scouse fuckers actually blind you to the truth. Some of our fans are getting as bad as the scousers.

I don't know. Why not start an investigation? Get panorama involved or some other investigative body. Oh wait ...there was an investigation remember? The day after the game UEFA and the French authorities said that all the problems were caused by there being thousands of fake tickets. This causes delays at the turnstiles leading to disorder and crushing that led to the police using teargas and batons to quell. Except it was a lie. A few officials at that press conference resigned as a result. A long investigation into what happened was then done. This investigation came down in favour of the Liverpool fans version of events. As a result many will now get compensation. Don't let your hatred of the scouse fuckers actually blind you to the truth. Some of our fans are getting as bad as the scousers.
Blind to truth, seriously,

that the fans with genuine tickets couldn't get in because of scallys with fake tickets.

The dippers have been totally absolved of any blame yet again & when it kicks off in Dublin it won't be their fault

The scousers are wankers, especially in numbers and certainly don't help themselves. The whole organisation in Paris was horrendous though and the police there just gas and baton everybody if there's a disturbance regardless as to who's right and wrong. Huge gangs of local thugs looking to jib in and rob people added to the chaos.
What that football club do very well, as a club, managers, players and fans is stick together. Ours don't. We are fragmented. You see it in the discussion on season card increases. "I'm alright, if you can't afford it don't go. It's only £2 a game" and so on. On the Istanbul fiasco you had some saying they had a great time, they didn't have any problems, so trying to dilute the fact many did.
If Pep, the chairman, players and officials of our club would have come out and said our fans suffered terrible problems getting to and from the stadium, it's not acceptable in Europe's top event, it needs investigating it wouldn't have been brushed under the carpet.
Maybe it's more a Mancunian thing with our fans. We're more laid back and just grin and put up with it. Scousers scream blue murder. We might not like it but it gets them results.
Everything was fine at the other end of the ground

Blind to truth, seriously,

that the fans with genuine tickets couldn't get in because of scallys with fake tickets.

The dippers have been totally absolved of any blame yet again & when it kicks off in Dublin it won't be their fault

Mate at this point I seriously don't give a fuck. Go back in the thread I've discussed it to death, over and over, covering every point, for and against the scouse cunts. I don't support them I'm a Blue. They have been to blame and responsible for many things, from smashing up our coach to the death of 39 Juventus fans. They get a soft ride from the media after the sun lied about what happened at Hillsborough. This time, in Paris, they got the shitty end of the stick. In spite of UEFA and the French authorities lying to cover their own arses, a thorough investigation came to the verdict that they did indeed get the shitty end of the stick. Now yourself and others might not like that. You can shout all you want and point to countless occasions the scousers were to blame in the past. That doesn't mean this time they were and the investigation confirmed that. End of story really. It won't be though, just like if we are exonerated of all charges in our tribunal. Even if we get a public apology from Masters, every premier league chairman and even the fucking King himself, fuckwits will still be saying we're guilty. Such is life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.