Liverpool ticket details

I've asked this question many times, and I'll ask it again!

What do the club gain from giving our away allocation to tourists and day trippers?

I get that with home games, tourists will spend more in the club shop, buy a programme and have food in the ground, which is at least a genuine incentive to have this kind of fan in the ground.

But for away games City don't benefit from any of this, so what's the point? To me they're completely stabbing their hardcore fanbase in the back, for essentially no reason!

What do the club gain from giving our away allocation to tourists and day trippers?

I get that with home games, tourists will spend more in the club shop, buy a programme and have food in the ground, which is at least a genuine incentive to have this kind of fan in the ground.

But for away games City don't benefit from any of this, so what's the point? To me they're completely stabbing their hardcore fanbase in the back, for essentially no reason!

One reason is social media influencers, YouTubers, bloggers, Tick Tockers, etc. Admittedly they don’t get a lot of tickets, but they still get some tickets. The club see’s them as a channel to sell the club to millions of would be City fans around the world. As for all the other tickets, only the club knows and they will never say, even though the club have been asked to come clean on the breakdown of away tickets.

I don’t know how people are getting hold of tickets but here’s some potential benefits to the Club:
A) adding value to charge more. I enquired about Joe’s in the first years Joe’s Bar was to open . Joe’s sold out fast. There was no mention of Away ticket priority and there wasn’t a huge gulf to 93:20 prices iafter factoring free parking and a free drink. Before the 2nd year of Joe’s, away ticket priority was being promoted as a key benefit. It was probably there from the start but not used as a key benefit. Subsequently City widened the price gap between Joe’s and 93:2@. Maybe the £30 ticket ceiling on aways influenced thst but I can’t remember the relative timings.

b) shifting high value boxes and corporates seats. Maybe some of the corporate tickets would be a harder sell without away ticket priority. It’s possible that the away tickets are sold on at an inflated price.

c) shifting hard to sell seats. There’s been a rumour for yonks that touts snapped up rows of seats ages ago and built up loyalty points to
get access to tickets for the best aways. Tickets were hard to shift, particularly in the Pearce days.

City could have been very light touch on B and C. Less staff are needed to sell the tickets and income is more certain.

There’s quite a bit of guesswork here and I don’t see Cory selling away tickets directly to touts.

Every word true. One thing about the club when we were shit - they always seemed to care about the fans and generally treated us with respect. Today? - they clearly don’t give a fuck any more

One reason is social media influencers, YouTubers, bloggers, Tick Tockers, etc. Admittedly they don’t get a lot of tickets, but they still get some tickets. The club see’s them as a channel to sell the club to millions of would be City fans around the world. As for all the other tickets, only the club knows and they will never say, even though the club have been asked to come clean on the breakdown of away tickets.
Well we could always ask City Matters. At least then we could apologise to liverpool about it

I don’t know how people are getting hold of tickets but here’s some potential benefits to the Club:
A) adding value to charge more. I enquired about Joe’s in the first years Joe’s Bar was to open . Joe’s sold out fast. There was no mention of Away ticket priority and there wasn’t a huge gulf to 93:20 prices iafter factoring free parking and a free drink. Before the 2nd year of Joe’s, away ticket priority was being promoted as a key benefit. It was probably there from the start but not used as a key benefit. Subsequently City widened the price gap between Joe’s and 93:2@. Maybe the £30 ticket ceiling on aways influenced thst but I can’t remember the relative timings.

b) shifting high value boxes and corporates seats. Maybe some of the corporate tickets would be a harder sell without away ticket priority. It’s possible that the away tickets are sold on at an inflated price.

c) shifting hard to sell seats. There’s been a rumour for yonks that touts snapped up rows of seats ages ago and built up loyalty points to
get access to tickets for the best aways. Tickets were hard to shift, particularly in the Pearce days.

City could have been very light touch on B and C. Less staff are needed to sell the tickets and income is more certain.

There’s quite a bit of guesswork here and I don’t see Cory selling away tickets directly to touts.
Not sure about the touts one, they would have had nothing to gain in the early years of COMS and couldn’t have predicted the takeover?

The issue isn't the fans who got the 1000 or so tiks via the loyalty point system...the issue is city giving over half the allocation to corporates etc. I guarantee if city introduced ID checks, the corporates would be excluded!
corporates already are ”excluded”, if you buy an away ticket through corporate you are allowed to transfer it to anybody you want, different to those who buy tickets through points, although trust me Corporate are losing out with getting tickets just as much. I have been in Corporate 5 years and apply for tickets for every away game (all of which I go to - never sell them on) . Before this season I had only ever failed to get tickets once, this season I have been turned down 6 times including the last 4. There Is more to it obviously

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.