Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

it was the players that cost us. it doesnt matter what formation/tactics we use against liverpool. its the same every single time.

Of course it matters. Every man and his dog could see Gundogan on the right in the first half wasn't working in any way shape or form and left Walker in no mans land. If you don't think formations or tactics matter then I don't really know what to say to you.

Pschologically just absolutely weak tonight.

Pep’s starting XI played a part but we still should have played far better.

That first half was up there with one of the worst in the last 15-20 years for me.

I just wonder whether we should have been a bit more pragmatic as well. Jose gets slaughtered for his football but no way would he have lost 3-0 tonight with that City team.

We are going to have to do what Barca did to PSG last season now.

Not arsed about this weekend, we can win the title in any of the next 7 matches.

We have 2 chances for this one and we have 1 left with a 0-3 penalty start....

There’s no way we’re getting through, no way we score 4 without conceding. We’ll probably waddle to a 2-1 win but that was the worst performance of the season.

Silva, Otamendi, Walker, Gündogan, Fernandinho and Sane were utterly dreadful in the first hatwheb it mattered. Second half was half assed attack against committed defence.

We’ve been dreadfully spineless in both matches at Anfield

Idiotic to lay the blame firmly at Gundogan's feet, they were all shite tonight. Casual defending by all defenders, big players bottling again in Silva, KDB and Fern,and two young lads who aren't near ready to take responsibility in these types of games in Jesus and Sane.
Manager got it very very wrong tonight.
That was an embarrassment and i don't say that lightly. The seminal fixture of the season.

Pep always finds a way to complicate the simple things. That has ALWAYS been his problem, the out of the blue, strange decision making.

Every team in the League knows what is the best way to play against Liverpool. Sit back and counter. Unfortunately, our manager doesn't know how to organize a defense other than by keeping the ball.

Well that was a disaster and just think how well we've been playing at Anfield this last four decades - so where did that performance come from? The thing is, given how bad that first half was, we are lucky to still be in this tie and as ever there is a chance that Pep will have learned something. We need to take stock, be somewhat relieved that it didn't get any worse in the second half and be ready to turn this around next week as there is still a chance we can. The worst thing is not the score line, not even a first half performance that was truly dire - its giving their supporters so much to crow about: we might not hear the end of it - that is far worse. And all that is on top of the disgraceful situation with our team coach. We need to hold our nerve.

Fucking gutted. I'm shocked at the lack of back bone our team has shown tonight. Our players need to show something special in the next couple of games to make up for that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.