Liz Truss Resigns as PM

mr t

Whilst the folk of the UK are facing real hardship with rising food, fuel and energy prices this woman flies to Australia for an annual meeting using a private government plane at an estimated cost of half a million pounds.

She sees nothing wrong with what she did when with just normal planning she could easily have boarded a charter flight for the said annual meeting.

And this is a person who sees herself as a contender for the next Tory Leadership race.

Is she out of touch with reality or is she justified in spending public money in this way?

I personally think her extravagant use of tax payers money with scant regard for anybody but herself is unacceptable but what does everybody else think?

Former Lib Dem who saw a chance at grabbing power and took it.

Another self serving Tory who allegedly let Gove slip her one on the way er... up.

Former Lib Dem who saw a chance at grabbing power and took it.
See also her views on Brexit.

Saw an opportunity to get a more important job and suddenly changed her mind. But she's just one of many MPs overpromoted purely on the grounds of their loyalty to Boris. Cameron's government were bastards, but for the most part they weren't completely incompetent.

See also her views on Brexit.

Saw an opportunity to get a more important job and suddenly changed her mind. But she's just one of many MPs overpromoted purely on the grounds of their loyalty to Boris. Cameron's government were bastards, but for the most part they weren't completely incompetent.
Indeed.

Cameron's cronies were intelligent political bastards. Johnson's are just complete and utter bastards.

Whilst the folk of the UK are facing real hardship with rising food, fuel and energy prices this woman flies to Australia for an annual meeting using a private government plane at an estimated cost of half a million pounds.

She sees nothing wrong with what she did when with just normal planning she could easily have boarded a charter flight for the said annual meeting.

And this is a person who sees herself as a contender for the next Tory Leadership race.

Is she out of touch with reality or is she justified in spending public money in this way?

I personally think her extravagant use of tax payers money with scant regard for anybody but herself is unacceptable but what does everybody else think?
Bet she’s got a Union Jack in her Twitter bio, the ****

£500k isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. But then I think about all of the friends I have who lost their jobs at one of the government's organisations after they refused to cover the cost of a temporary downturn in business during covid, and I reckon that would have covered all of their salaries for a couple of years. Instead, they all got kicked out of their job in the middle of a pandemic, and weren't entitled to any furlough money because they were based overseas.

As always, one rule for us, and one rule for them. We have to tighten our belts to save every penny and get the company to break even, while they continue to spend on themselves like nothing's changed.

Just out of interest, what are private government planes for if not for being used by government members for such trips (assuming it was a work related trip)? Couldn't they all use charter flights and therefore there is no need for such planes?

Trump was the same - going everywhere in airforce one instead of Ryanair. One rule for them and another for the rest of us it seems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.