Ljubljana/Slovenia

bluesteve1964

My wife and I are looking to go to Ljubljana this time next year's for 3 or 4 nights. Drive to Luton or Gatwick for a direct flight. Ljubljana itself looks beautiful and we plan to go to Lake Bled. Vintgar Gorge looks stunning too. Any Bluemooners been and have any tips or advice?

Drove down there in the 80’s with some mates, lovely place but it was just before the civil war and you could tell there was some tension in the air, some great islands down there if you get to the cost, spent a bit of time on Cres, loved it.

My wife and I are looking to go to Ljubljana this time next year's for 3 or 4 nights. Drive to Luton or Gatwick for a direct flight. Ljubljana itself looks beautiful and we plan to go to Lake Bled. Vintgar Gorge looks stunning too. Any Bluemooners been and have any tips or advice?
Yes mate we went there when city played in Zagreb , beautiful little city the Xmas lights were up and it made it magical at night ,we then did the train trip to Zagreb which was fantastic ,it's on our bucket list from covid ,to when this shit show is over to have a drink in the Bar in the middle of lake bled ,think it's cheapest from Luton on Tuesdays ,there's a travel show on TV somewhere where Eddie izzard visits the bar,also promised the daughter to take her for Xmas ,
As fantastic as it is we went to Gent last week and that's at another level as a small city

Stunning really clean beautiful place.
Ljubljana is a really nice small capital city. No cars in centre makes it very nice.
Lake bled is nice but get there early, as crowded/busy roads.
Kranjska Gora and Lake Jasna less busy and swimming/paddling in glacial water very nice.

Stayed a week in Ljubljana for activity holiday with 4 teens and prior to that a stunning view isolated up a long track above Dovje (house was higher than Snowdon!) amazing mountain view, picture does not do it justice
1654977334740.jpeg

Postojna cave complex also stunning and massive - again get there early to avoid crowds.

I really liked the Slovenes and the country.

Yes mate we went there when city played in Zagreb , beautiful little city the Xmas lights were up and it made it magical at night ,we then did the train trip to Zagreb which was fantastic ,it's on our bucket list from covid ,to when this shit show is over to have a drink in the Bar in the middle of lake bled ,think it's cheapest from Luton on Tuesdays ,there's a travel show on TV somewhere where Eddie izzard visits the bar,also promised the daughter to take her for Xmas ,
As fantastic as it is we went to Gent last week and that's at another level as a small city
The show is ‘Travel man’ with Richard Ayode. For the OP , it was a good showing of the place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.