Lollypop People/Street crossing wardens

This happens to me most mornings. I always say thankyou in a slightly embarrassing way.

Chrisja1000 said:
Will someone explain to me why they should stop the traffic to let adults cross the road? It's getting right on my tits!!
They have now powers to stop traffic for just adults. Solution check to make sure they have no kids with them then run them over ;-)

It changed in 2002 when they amended the Transport Act,giving Lollypop Folk the right to stop traffic for everyone,rather than just kids,partly due to an ageing population,and partly due to the fact that I often stagger out of the Bamford Arms at the same time as the girls at Aquinas sixth form college come out.
I think it's a good thing,as old folk and drunken perverts are often demonised by society.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
It changed in 2002 when they amended the Transport Act,giving Lollypop Folk the right to stop traffic for everyone,rather than just kids,partly due to an ageing population,and partly due to the fact that I often stagger out of the Bamford Arms at the same time as the girls at Aquinas sixth form college come out.
I think it's a good thing,as old folk and drunken perverts are often demonised by society.

Cheers for that Nijinsky, glad I didn't take my own advise however you've given me an idea as how to pass my afternoons from now on ;-)

The lollipops don't say "Stop - Children" now, it's just "Stop" isn't it?

I suppose it's so parents can get to their kids before their kids are whisked away by some stranger, which, although the rarest of circumstances, is perceived as a very real threat and no one wants to have a child kidnapped on their watch....

nijinsky's fetlocks said:

2 questions, Where is the Bamford Arms and what time do they finish?

Paul powers moustache said:
Why are they always near pelican crossings , or button controlled crossings .

This.

There is one I drive past on my way into work each morning, the only time he steps out into the road is when the traffic has been stopped by the red light at the pelican crossing anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.