London Hotels during Olympics

bluesteve1964

I've just booked a one night stop at one of the Holiday Inns at Heathrow Airport for 14th July. Cost £52 ex VAT. This is 2 weeks before the Olympics start. Out of curiosity I looked at price for 2 weeks later. £225 ex VAT. Scandalous!!! God alone knows what prices nearer the cente of London are like. I can see a lot of people just totally avoiding London whilst The Games are on. I know there is a supply and demand situation but I think this could back-fire on London big time.

Over 400% increase!!!! I can see the tourist attractions in London being quieter than normal. Non Olympic tourists will avoid London like the plague. Some may never come back, I know I would think twice about going back somewhere that had ripped me off to that extent. I really hope the Olympics are a success but London needs to sort their act out or it may not be the boost to the economy they hope for.

bluesteve1964 said:
Over 400% increase!!!! I can see the tourist attractions in London being quieter than normal. Non Olympic tourists will avoid London like the plague. Some may never come back, I know I would think twice about going back somewhere that had ripped me off to that extent. I really hope the Olympics are a success but London needs to sort their act out or it may not be the boost to the economy they hope for.
One of the most bizarre things is that majority of West End theatres will be closed during The Olympics, for a lot of people it will be a once in a lifetime trip and taking in a West End show would have been the icing on the cake.

tueartsboots said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Im sure it wont be effecting Peckham too much mate
I meant for getting into/around central london, you knobjockey

Knobjockey, i have never been so offended in my life. Rest assured i will be contacting my MP about this. Just do what im doing, fuck central london off for 3 weeks

tueartsboots said:
bluesteve1964 said:
One of the most bizarre things is that majority of West End theatres will be closed during The Olympics, for a lot of people it will be a once in a lifetime trip and taking in a West End show would have been the icing on the cake.

Scare mongering!
So far only Lloyd Webber has said his 3 shows will close. No one will miss that pile of shite.

I think Thomas Cook are doing Olympic deals and you get a discount as a seasoncard holder if anyone's interested. That probably means it costs an arm or a leg rather than both, mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.