Lost phone

Sleeping_Easy

I lost my phone yesterday.

Whats the best way about getting a new phone. My contract runs out in october and i was looking to renew early to get a new phone like a mate did on vodafone but i'm on O2 and asked if this was possible to be told it wasn't. Can't really afford a couple of hundred quid on a new phone atm. Any suggestions?

Sleeping_Easy said:

Whats the best way about getting a new phone. My contract runs out in october and i was looking to renew early to get a new phone like a mate did on vodafone but i'm on O2 and asked if this was possible to be told it wasn't. Can't really afford a couple of hundred quid on a new phone atm. Any suggestions?

Sorry to hear that pal. With the Gallaxy SIII coming out should be plenty of people trying to offload older models. Wife uses a few facebook for sale or swap sites local to us and gets some good bargains. I'd try those as well as the usual suspects like gumtree etc.

talkativesprout said:
Sleeping_Easy said:

Sorry to hear that pal. With the Gallaxy SIII coming out should be plenty of people trying to offload older models. Wife uses a few facebook for sale or swap sites local to us and gets some good bargains. I'd try those as well as the usual suspects like gumtree etc.

Cheers mate, just had a look on gumtree and there's some pretty good deals. Found a decent phone for £50 or so less than i expected to pay. This and watching aguero's goal again this morning has cheered me up a bit.

If my experience last week was typical then phone them up and tell them to cancel your contract as soon as it runs out.

It wasn't with O2 but I imagine they're all similar.

I had to tell this **** over 10 times to cancel my contract because I'd broke my phone. He just wouldn't accept it and went from offering me a few quid off a new contract to a new phone, better than the one I'd broke and a 20 odd quid a month contract for a tenner.

tidyman said:
If my experience last week was typical then phone them up and tell them to cancel your contract as soon as it runs out.

I had to tell this **** over 10 times to cancel my contract because I'd broke my phone. He just wouldn't accept it and went from offering me a few quid off a new contract to a new phone, better than the one I'd broke and a 20 odd quid a month contract for a tenner.

My mate suggested i do something like that.

Just unsure about the best way to go about it. Basically i lost my phone yesterday and once i'd had a proper look round for it and realised it was gone i told O2 who blocked it and are sending me out a new sim card. I asked them would it be possible to upgrade early to sort out the problem of not having a new phone and they said no.

Should i wait for a new sim then try it or should i ring them up today and do it?

Sleeping_Easy said:
tidyman said:

My mate suggested i do something like that.

Just unsure about the best way to go about it. Basically i lost my phone yesterday and once i'd had a proper look round for it and realised it was gone i told O2 who blocked it and are sending me out a new sim card. I asked them would it be possible to upgrade early to sort out the problem of not having a new phone and they said no.

Should i wait for a new sim then try it or should i ring them up today and do it?

Just play hardball with them. If you have been with them for a while that may help, however, if they value your custom they will do something for you

Every clever **** has got good advice but after last week, I'd strongly recommend you just phone them up tomorrow and tell them you can't be arsed fucking about and have seen a good deal with someone else, so just cancel yours and see what they.

They might just say right we will but I suspect they will offer you a new phone if they think you're serious.

Just tried to cancel my contract now and the guy said i had to pay termination fee's of close £200.
If i'm going to pay them then i may as well just use the £200 to buy a new phone.

Any advice?

That will be the value of the remaining months minimum payment.

I think what the earlier poster was saying was to tell them to cancel it as soon as it runs out.

You always have to pay a fee when cancelling early

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.