Louis Hutton

FantasyIreland

I believe there was quite a fuss(and a fee....) when we signed him from Leeds,anyway.......

England Under-17 international Louis Hutton has signed an 18 month Development Squad contract at Bees. The 19-year-old midfield player has been on trial with The Bees and played for the Development Squad in two Under-21 Professional Development League Two South games. This afternoon he signed a deal to keep him at Griffin Park until the summer of 2015 as part of the Under-21 squad. Louis was in Leeds United’s Academy until the age of 14 and then left to join Manchester City. He played four games for England’s Under-17 side in 2010, helping to win a Nordic tournament in Finland, and has also represented his country at Under-16 level. He agreed a termination of his Manchester City contract last week and signed formally for The Bees this afternoon.

Ose Aibangee, Brentford FC Academy Director, said: “Louis impressed us when he was here on trial. His performances in the matches stood out and he was good in training as well. He also carried himself well at the Training Ground, which is important for us. It is not easy to come in on trial and impress but Louis had the right attitude and showed us he had both the desire and potential to improve. He has a fantastic pedigree and has played internationally with players like James Ward-Prowse and Nathan Redmond, now regulars at Premier League level. I hope Louis continues to improve while he is with us and goes on to have a long and successful Brentford career.”

£800k for him and Swan, though I believe Swan was the more promising one at the time?

Anyway, we'll obviously see more of this as our EDS and Under 18s just get better and better. When you buy 14 year olds you run this risk, as you can't accurately tell the work ethic of the lad nor their physical development at that age.

This is obviously a very good outcome for Louis. There are many very good young players in the EDS squad, as well as the under 18's, who ultimately won't reach the very high level required to play for City.

However if City can produce young professionals who can make a living out of the game, then that will be a great success. Every young player coming through City in the future will have every opportunity to succeed, not just with City, but with many of the other top level clubs.

So well done Louis and all the best for the future.

What I've seen of Hutton, he's probably not up to the standard of some of he lads competing in the same area, but still not without ability.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he turned into a decent player but we will have to let players go sometimes for their own sakes & that will mean some decent ones will slip the net.

Swan has been really terribly unlucky with injuries.

Neville Kneville said:
What I've seen of Hutton, he's probably not up to the standard of some of he lads competing in the same area, but still not without ability.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he turned into a decent player but we will have to let players go sometimes for their own sakes & that will mean some decent ones will slip the net.

Swan has been really terribly unlucky with injuries.

We should have bagged him then.

(see what I did there? Louis Hutton? Bag? Coat)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.