Louis Tomlinson of One Direction Fame signs for Doncaster!

Macclesfield weren't allowed to let fans pay to play for their club, because as soon as you put them into a competitive fixture it would be equivalent to throwing a game. How is signing a celebrity any different? Truly damaging for the integrity of that club.

I've got a lot of love for Paul Dickov, but this is wrong.

Wise move from them I suppose. The shirt sales will be through the roof and they'll get a ridiculous level of publicity for it.

might be good enough

some life millionare pop singer, thousands of screaming women, and now a professional footballer

croasdale said:
Macclesfield weren't allowed to let fans pay to play for their club, because as soon as you put them into a competitive fixture it would be equivalent to throwing a game. How is signing a celebrity any different? Truly damaging for the integrity of that club.

I've got a lot of love for Paul Dickov, but this is wrong.

Because Macc's offer was open to anybody, whereas Louis is a lifelong Donny fan. Good bit of PR all round and will have no negative effect on the club, unless he does something to jeopardise that.

ell said:
Jesus think of all those screaming teenagers turning up at Doncaster next year

ji_2380546b.jpg

I know a guy who played against him in their Sunday league years, said he was garbage so it's just as well he isn't actually playing in the first team for them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.