Lowest point in supporting City since the 2008 takeover

Not being able to go to the footy during lockdowns.

Made the entire season and a bit not feel real. I didn’t particularly care that we won a double that season (although, it was preferable to anyone else winning it). I wasn’t even arsed that we lost in the CL final.

No fans in stadiums made this sport feel very hollow and boring… in fact, it was fucking shit!

I just had such little emotion towards that season because I’d felt completely detached from it.

I feel like football still hasn’t returned back to normal yet either. I’ve felt better going to games but I’ve had this World Cup cloud hanging over me since we were allowed back into the stadiums after lockdowns… roll on 2023, that’s when things will be properly back to normal!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t get down about results. You win some you lose some and luckily these days we win far more than we lose.
My only gripe is the amount of City fans, on here at least, who don’t seem to enjoy any aspect of following us.

Losing to Chelsea in the champions league final. I held myself to a complete media blackout until the Euros started. No bluemoon, no websites, no sky sports news, no talksport, no newspapers. If anyone brought it up I'd immediately shut the conversation down.

I still think that was our best and maybe only chance to win it under Pep and its the only thing that I'm stil angry at him for.

As others have already said, it has to be the Wigan final. I was lucky enough to get a ticket (thanks to someone on here, you know who you are!). The atmosphere was toxic that day with the whole Mancini thing going on. Lots of "you can stick your Pellegrini up your arse" chants going around, quite a few pissed up/coked up blues in the stands, a shameful non performance from the team, and getting absolutely drenched on the walk back up Wembley Way to the tube after the game. A total shitshow of a day.
Never mind at least you didn't get wet hair :p

Not beating United to win the league after being 2 nil up at HT. Would have been talked about for a hundred years. Still hurts now.

Not being able to go to the footy during lockdowns.

Made the entire season and a bit not feel real. I didn’t particularly care that we won a double that season (although, it was preferable to anyone else winning it). I wasn’t even arsed that we lost in the CL final.

No fans in stadiums made this sport feel very hollow and boring… in fact, it was fucking shit!

I just had such little emotion towards that season because I’d felt completely detached from it.

I feel like football still hasn’t returned back to normal yet either. I’ve felt better going to games but I’ve had this World Cup cloud hanging over me since we were allowed back into the stadiums after lockdowns… roll on 2023, that’s when things will be properly back to normal!

I agree with all of this.

And if I’m honest (think I’ve mentioned this before) post covid I don’t have the same passion for watching footy anymore. I used to look forward to the next home game, be on all the cup schemes etc, it was the highlight of my week.

But now going to the footy, while I love it, is just another one of my hobbies. And I’ve sacked off all the cup schemes.

Today for example I nearly binned off to go hiking. If it wasn’t for us not having a game for nearly two months after this and next week I would’ve just sacked it off.

A couple of years ago that’d be unthinkable.

Ah well. People change.

Considering moving out of the south stand next season into a more chilled area.

I’ll get pelters now probably, lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.