Lu Martin: Allegedly Guardiola sees City as "small club"

I just read his comments and that is exactly how I took them. All he is saying is that we don't have the history of being a club this size for long. You can't argue that we have the pedigree in European football that Barca, real, Bayern, and united have. Those are facts, but it doesn't make us any less of a club. Hopefully within 5-10 years of consistent success at the champions league level we will be up there

But why does that need to be pointed out, especially by our own manager (he does it all the time). Its bleeding obvious but all it does is give the sad bastards another reason to sneer at us. Rag in work (goes to the toilet "when he can") said it to me today with that knowing sneer. Told him to go and have a cold shower to get rid of his hard-on.

Its a phrase used by supporters of mainly has been clubs to validate their life.

Are Pro Vercelli bigger than Roma, Lazio and Napoli just because they won a load of titles in short period in the past?

Do Nurnberg fans class themselves as the second biggest club in Germany?

Are players from all over the world wanting to sign for St-Etienne over PSG due to their history of winning Ligue 1 more times?

its starting to get my goat up Manchester city have never been a small club just a big club run badly for 30 odd years so can this crap talk about needing time to find us feet its rubbish

nobody said that about united before the league changed to the premier league in 1992 united was 20 odd years behind liverpool and europe. even manchester city was the last manchester club to be league champions so the truth is just not what they say about little old manchester city with no history in england and europe

if people at the club i love want us to start to get (the fans) behind the club and back the team and the manager and sing us home can the club start to defend itself and stand up to the media and the system. why do we crumble when talking about city its a BIG BIG CLUB with great fans and proud history and many great players

this is what needed it manchester city a back bone to stand up and say no more crap
Well said that man

Discussion threads like this can only give us a bad name. If we stamp our feet and say "No! We ARE a big club" then we look as if we are trying to big ourselves up, and if we admit we aren't a massive club then we're somehow showing a lack of ambition.

Best thing is to ignore whatever this journalist says Pep may or may not have said. Who gives a damn?

I give a damn because its our manager who is quoted as saying it. I am not too bothered about what other fans or journalists think or write. But you would like to think that the manager of your football club had some affinity and knowledge of its traditions and history.

So far this week he has been reported to have slagged off the fans and said we dont have any history or words to that effect. Which is probably just made up bollocks and mis-quotes. I just think it would be good for the club and pep to clear it all up. Fight back against the negative publicity and get everyone behind the team. All it takes is for him to say something at the press conference or put something on the website or even the men. If anyone still reads that.

It's just a stick they are using to keep City down, file it with all the other empty seat, players here for the money shite that gets spouted.

If one of the best players in the world became available like Messi , Griezmann , Suarez , Neuer etc., who would they sign for in the premier league ? Would they be tempted with the most successful club in the league over the last 6 seasons , a proven winning world class coach , the best financial resources to invest in the squad and the best remuneration for their services with the best facilities in europe . That's why were a big club , the hate frenzy in the media will not stop our progress it may upset the supporters but the media when all said and done are just a minor irritation to our owners , do you think Sheik mansour gives a f*ck what Suntan Savage has to say , he probably does'nt know who the f*ck he is.

What I can't stand is he appears to believe he's doing us a favour by gracing us with his presence!

It's clear there are things not good at City. Aguero was first off the coach yesterday (he's always always always last) and virtually ran into the reception. No surprises when I then find he's substitute.

The interview Pep did for the BBC was possibly the most distressed I've seen him and frankly as a representative of Manchester City he let our club down by appearing so utterly unprofessional.

For me, I was never convinced by his coming, a coming incidentally that had been over 3 years in planning and cost Mancini his job and prevented Pelligrini getting any backing in the last half of last season.

We've stagnated at best or is more likely regressed since 2012 and if he sees next Xmas here I'll be surprised.

Some won't agree but it's what I feel.

Hard to disagree. After 2012 Mancini warned against stagnation and it fell on deaf ears, although FFP didn't help. 12 months later he was out of a job and here we are. I back Pep though but I get the whole "you're so lucky to have me" slant

If one of the best players in the world became available like Messi , Griezmann , Suarez , Neuer etc., who would they sign for in the premier league ? Would they be tempted with the most successful club in the league over the last 6 seasons , a proven winning world class coach , the best financial resources to invest in the squad and the best remuneration for their services with the best facilities in europe . That's why were a big club , the hate frenzy in the media will not stop our progress it may upset the supporters but the media when all said and done are just a minor irritation to our owners , do you think Sheik mansour gives a f*ck what Suntan Savage has to say , he probably does'nt know who the f*ck he is.

Sheikh Mansour has the President of the United States on speed dial, but inexplicably they've always knocked him back when he's called Savage on 606.

Couldnt care whether people consider us a small or big club.

It's my club, and we're no better or worse if someone thinks we're smaller than another club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.