Lucas Paquetá

Bit of a difference replacing a car roof for £9k and £86m. There's taking a calculated risk and there's being a bellend.
You could say we took a calculated risk on Nunes
I'd disagree. It's the difference between the winners & losers in business. You gotta be in it, to win it. You snooze, you lose.

Thankfully our owner took the estimated £2bn calculated risk on Manchester City. By your reasoning, unless he could've bought guaranteed success with a footballing giant like ManUre, Arsenal, Bayern, Real or Barça, City were a risk not worth taking, making him one of your bellends.

I suppose history has shown whose approach out of Sheikh Mansour's & yours makes which one you the ultimate bellend...

He didn't invest £2b straight away. He bought a premier league club for a fraction of that and invested along the way.
The cost to him is probably equivalent to £10 to me but I guess only about a halfpenny to you.
Anyway, you have your ideas. By the way, I've got a cracked vase in the attic. It could be a valuable antique worth millions. Yours for fifty quid. Wanna take a chance or be a loser?

Last edited:
I hope we don't have all our eggs in the Paqueta basket where we wait all summer hoping his betting investigation gets resolved and miss out on other top targets.

I'd disagree. It's the difference between the winners & losers in business. You gotta be in it, to win it. You snooze, you lose.

Thankfully our owner took the estimated £2bn calculated risk on Manchester City. By your reasoning, unless he could've bought guaranteed success with a footballing giant like ManUre, Arsenal, Bayern, Real or Barça, City were a risk not worth taking, making him one of your bellends.

I suppose history has shown whose approach out of Sheikh Mansour's & yours makes which one you the ultimate bellend...
Where is the calculated risk with Paqueta? There would have been no calculation at that time, just pure guesswork and misguided optimism. There is no comparison with our owner's investment in City because much of it is in his hands to shape and influence events. We had no control over the Paqueta investigation, no access to the evidence and no influence over the authorities. We know this because we'd entered into advanced negotiations with David Sullivan and only became aware late in the day thanks to doing our homework. It is absurd to think that we could have parted ways with such a substantial amount of money whilst an investigation into the player with very serious implications was in its infancy.

He didn't invest £2b straight away. He bought a premier league club for a fraction of that and invested along the way.
The cost to him is probably equivalent to £10 to me but I guess only about a halfpenny to you.
Anyway, you have your ideas. By the way, I've got a cracked vase in the attic. It could be a valuable antique worth millions. Yours for fifty quid. Wanna take a chance or be a loser?
Not my area of interest or expertise I'm afraid.

I tell you what, you sound like the Antiques Roadshow type. You should find out where & when the next one's taking place & pop along with your cracked vase.

Vases sound more your cup of tea, rather than the world of corporate business & high finance. Let me know how you get on...

Where is the calculated risk with Paqueta?
The calculated risk would've been:

Will he be found guilty or innocent?

Did he do it?

Would he do it again if he did do it?

Would we stand to gain more by having him for a season or two before he was found guilty, & then losing him for several months after?

Losing him could be akin to losing any player to a long-term injury, which no one can legislate for.

We took a risk previously on an injured Gundog who couldn't play for months, but that turned out OK in the long-term.

Are there better alternatives for the money with less risk?

Decisions decisions decisions... It's a calculated risk I'd have taken a punt on considering Xhaka, Toney & Paqueta regaining his Brazil spot after being cleared by his country's FA.

Not my area of interest or expertise I'm afraid.

I tell you what, you sound like the Antiques Roadshow type. You should find out where & when the next one's taking place & pop along with your cracked vase.

Vases sound more your cup of tea, rather than the world of corporate business & high finance. Let me know how you get on...
Don’t watch that I’m afraid but a bloke down the pub says he’s got a mate whose a dab hand with the superglue, says you can’t see the cracks once he’s finished.
He reckons that the half a million it would cost to fix could be a bargain. Hope he’s in tonight to put the first hundred thousand down as deposit.

Feel like Guimaraes is the backup if the charges aren't cleared this summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.