Lucas Paquetá

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's an excellent player and wouldn't judge him on yesterday's performance. I can't help but feel we will move on to other targets now though.
I think he is a far superior player than Rice. He would do well for us. If Bernie leaves do we get him or the Benfica youngster

Hard to play 'winning football' when you're at a mid-table football club. Surrounded Paqueta with players like Rodri and Foden and he'd look a lot better. Which is why I won't judge him based on yesterdays performance.
Yeah, all well and good. But I saw Debruyne play winning football at mid table German teams. I saw David Silva doing the same at a Midtable Spanish team. Declan Rice, Ollie Watkins, Riyad Mahrez, Kante, Olize, Mane at Southampton, Ezekiel to name just a few....

What I see here often is a flashy player with great ball control. Lots of tricks, feigns and dummies. It's good to see. I don't get that edge from him. He looks like the type who's best being king at a midtable club. But I could be wrong.

What do you mean by that, mate?
That, I don't see in him what I saw in many midtable players who were super talented. But played like they should be somewhere bigger.

I know it's hindsight now coz most of them moved to bigger clubs and did well. Even some who didn't showed the edge:

Kevin at Brenen and Wolfsburg was clearly an example
Mane at South Hampton another
Kante and Mahrez at Leicester
Declan Rice

There was something about those players that was different in terms of there effect on their teams performance. When I watch Lucas i see big fish in small pond traits.

I'll say the for Paqueta though, he is highly motivated to come to City. So that's a good quality in itself :)

i'm glad people opened their eyes, he's really been shite past months, i.e. ghosting in big games, getting suspended. i know his head turned, clearly doesn't want to play for WH, but do we need another player with this demeanor?
imo, we should move for eze instead, a homegrown, cheaper, younger option.
Who are the other ones?

I thought it was funny as fuck that he spent half of yesterday's game apologising to our players after putting in a challenge.

Not arsed about what anyone on here says. He's fucking quality.
Of course he is. The slaggers on here are emblematic of the Gareth Southgate syndrome. Clueless. Sit back and leave the player selection and management to the Spaniards, Italians, and Portuguese...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.