Lucas Paquetá

Wee Davie will probably go at the end of the season and in doing so any chance of Phillips staying there goes with him.
I think it'll all depend on what happens with the Euro's & whether Leeds get promoted.

I think the return of Paqueta also benefits us. The Hammers thought Kalvin might be the pick-me-up they needed, but it's been a disastrous first 2 months for him.

However, Paqueta now gives Gollum the option of playing Philips in a single/double pivot, with Paqueta as a No 10, which sounds far more balanced.

With Antonio coming back too & Bowen moving back to the wings & wanting to be in the England shout in the summer, I think there's several WHU players with something to prove, not to mention the constant rumours about Gollum's future, which all takes the pressure off Kalvin which is a good thing.

Kalvin's a good kid & a decent player. Unfortunately he's just the wrong fit for the way City play, similar to Nunes imo. If WHU pull it together in the final months of the season, & Philips plays a significant part in that, I honestly believe the WHU hierarchy will look differently on him, & possibly reason he just needed time to settle & to be out of the glaring spotlight.

Fingers crossed it works out for the lad, WHU prove the perfect fit, & City can move him on for around £35 - £40m. )(

I've been a huge fan of Paqueta ever since I watched him play. The guy is world class. Great to hear that we may now be set to sign him!!!

I think it'll all depend on what happens with the Euro's & whether Leeds get promoted.

I think the return of Paqueta also benefits us. The Hammers thought Kalvin might be the pick-me-up they needed, but it's been a disastrous first 2 months for him.

However, Paqueta now gives Gollum the option of playing Philips in a single/double pivot, with Paqueta as a No 10, which sounds far more balanced.

With Antonio coming back too & Bowen moving back to the wings & wanting to be in the England shout in the summer, I think there's several WHU players with something to prove, not to mention the constant rumours about Gollum's future, which all takes the pressure off Kalvin which is a good thing.

Kalvin's a good kid & a decent player. Unfortunately he's just the wrong fit for the way City play, similar to Nunes imo. If WHU pull it together in the final months of the season, & Philips plays a significant part in that, I honestly believe the WHU hierarchy will look differently on him, & possibly reason he just needed time to settle & to be out of the glaring spotlight.

Fingers crossed it works out for the lad, WHU prove the perfect fit, & City can move him on for around £35 - £40m. )(
The link with Leeds must come from the player and his agents, don't you think?

They are already planning how to get out of city and to make even more money, we will have to pay him off or let him leave for a token fee, both wins for the players/agents wallet.

Not sure where this "Kalvin's a nice bloke" has come from, always thought Pep was slightly sarkie with his comments, particularly when Phillips went to West Ham.

Phillips had a very good 18 months, top euro's followed by a good season under Bielsa, apart from that he was a Championship player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.