Luton Town (A) | FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Can I say, where has that City display been hiding, Has Pep been very clever and man-managed his players and was working on a new system that others can not work around because of it being late in the season? Loved the system last night, It was very simple and direct without calling it long ball to Haaland football, Also the movement from players and some of the moves last night was magical to watch.

Can I say, where has that City display been hiding, Has Pep been very clever and man-managed his players and was working on a new system that others can not work around because of it being late in the season? Loved the system last night, It was very simple and direct without calling it long ball to Haaland football, Also the movement from players and some of the moves last night was magical to watch.
Basically Luton did not play the ‘low block’ and defend with 10 men behind the ball, they tried to compete with us and got annihilated.. unfortunately it was a lesson to every other team that this is not the way to play against us.

Reminded me of how we played v Arsenal at home last season with Haaland dropping deeper and playing a more direct style up to him

It's the difference between a cup tie and a league game. Luton had to attempt to win the game rather than try to leave with what teams start with - a point.

Last edited:
From the Luton Singing section, if that’s what it is, to the right of the City fans. You don’t get views like that anymore, thank god.

Simple and effective....but Luton were so naive to persevere with it for 90 minutes.

It could’ve been 11 !!

It intrigues me how rarely players other than De Bruyne, will play that quick pass over the top or through the lines for Haaland to run on to. The goal against Bournemouth was another example of how effective it is.

I can't work out whether they are under instructions not to look for the quick through ball or whether they just don't have the vision.
I think it's probably because in 99.8% of games there's nowhere for him to run into, when the opposition just have two banks of 5 sat in their own penalty area there's literally no free space for him to actually run into so we have to play a different game.

Dixon annoyed me too, seemed to have a downer on Jack from the start.
Grealish beats his man and crosses but no one in the box "Jack has to do better there, he needs look up and see where his team mates are rather than just crossing"
Doughty did the exact same, twice, from the same side " Great play by Doughty, he's unlucky there's no one in a good position" or words to that effect.
Dixon also said that Jack did nothing (or words to that effect) in the time he was on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.