• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
__________________Ortega______________

Walker______Dias_______Stones______Gomez

________________Nunes_________________

________Kevin___________Foden________

Oscar_________Alvarez__________Grealish
My mate is Portuguese and is a Sporting fan, he can't understand why Nunes hasn't played 6 for us. Tbh i can understand why he hasn't, seems like he takes too many risks and is a bit unpredictable on the ball but i do think Pep could work that into him.

Agree, it was more in reference to him being selected regardless of his position. Not exactly tore up any trees since his arrival, but this evening could provide a great opportunity to remedy that.
Nunes being shunted out to left-wing indicates that Pep doesn't trust him to look after ball centrally.

His ability to break the lines and carry the ball forward is far more suited to a counter-attacking team - not the possession heavy football that we play.

Bernardo said Nunes was having trouble adapting in 1st season of Pep's style but I think he was just being supportive of Portuguese team-mate. To me, he just doesn't fit naturally into our style of play and his body language when he loses the ball is poor at times.

Nunes being shunted out to left-wing indicates that Pep doesn't trust him to look after ball centrally.

His ability to break the lines and carry the ball forward is far more suited to a counter-attacking team - not the possession heavy football that we play.

Bernardo said Nunes was having trouble adapting in 1st season of Pep's style but I think he was just being supportive of Portuguese team-mate. To me, he just doesn't fit naturally into our style of play and his body language when he loses the ball is poor at times.
Can't dispute any of that tbh. Want the guy to succeed here, not sure he will though.

Its Pep, he will go strong, not much resting until we are hopefully 3/4 up
There is no way that we will ever be 3 up at Luton let alone 4 up. Remember Southampton away two years ago? Same scenario here. My honest opinion is that if we get to the Quarter Finals, we almost certainly won't win the league. If we lose tonight then we will have a much better chance.

With big games coming up I'd rather not see any of our main players selected for this from the start. Luton's priority should be premier league survival, especially now Everton have moved ahead of them in the league. They may rest a few players themselves.
Yeah, I expect Luton's need to rest players is far greater than ours and I also expect the drop off in quality if they do that will also be far greater than ours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.