Mac Tips and Tricks

depends what you are saying is better...a macbook or an imac. if you were to say the top spec 17'' macbook pro, name one thing on it that makes it better than a sony aw31 xy/q. and if your arguing an imac is better, name one model of imac...EVER! that is better than the sony RT2.

microsoft once bailed out apple aswell for them being so shit and microsoft being too good. just as intel did with AMD this year.
one of the conditions was that apple would allow it's users to use windows aswell...so basically, microsoft raped apple and they couldn't do a thing about it.

if anyone with an overgrown beard who wears muji clothes and looks like they come from the land of GAP, would like to disagree, please...tell me.

press ctrl, alt, apple key an 8 at the same time to invert colours...this doesn't really do anything besides reduce energy from your macbook by about 00000.01%

crizack said:
depends what you are saying is better...a macbook or an imac. if you were to say the top spec 17'' macbook pro, name one thing on it that makes it better than a sony aw31 xy/q. and if your arguing an imac is better, name one model of imac...EVER! that is better than the sony RT2.

microsoft once bailed out apple aswell for them being so shit and microsoft being too good. just as intel did with AMD this year.
one of the conditions was that apple would allow it's users to use windows aswell...so basically, microsoft raped apple and they couldn't do a thing about it.

if anyone with an overgrown beard who wears muji clothes and looks like they come from the land of GAP, would like to disagree, please...tell me.

press ctrl, alt, apple key an 8 at the same time to invert colours...this doesn't really do anything besides reduce energy from your macbook by about 00000.01%

Your being rather presumptious there if you don't mind me saying. Firstly this debate all depends on what you are benchmarking your results on. However if it is just based off an idea then apple wins hands down. If we all used apples as widely as PC's microsoft would be out of buisness however we don't. The reason Apple is still in buisness is a testiment to the product they have, and if I was to chose one of the other for the same cost then it would be apple every time.

PCs however have their benifits, they are cheap and widely available with the common man normally having practiced on one. Plus gaming is much better.

In The Know said:
crizack said:

Your being rather presumptious there if you don't mind me saying. Firstly this debate all depends on what you are benchmarking your results on. However if it is just based off an idea then apple wins hands down. If we all used apples as widely as PC's microsoft would be out of buisness however we don't. The reason Apple is still in buisness is a testiment to the product they have, and if I was to chose one of the other for the same cost then it would be apple every time.

PCs however have their benifits, they are cheap and widely available with the common man normally having practiced on one. Plus gaming is much better.

no it's not, it's because microsoft HAD to bail them out because they were seen as too tough a competition, and im not being presumptious, i know for fact that given the two of the highest end products in home entertainment from either based machine, microsoft is simply the better. for whatever you want to do. games, networking, programming etc etc. even when it comes to mac pro's their simply not as good a custom made pc which...let's guess..is WINDOWS based.

if your very fashion conscious and would pay over the odds for a mediocre computer...then an apple would be the best brand...EVER. if you want to work for a company that give their technical support staff the title 'genious', then apple is for you.

if you want a super duper brand that got it's ass raped yet again when they introduced the 'macbook air' by the solid state samsung x360...and also a brand who were sued over copying a patented form of the touch screen mp3 player..the samsung ypk2. then again..apple is for you.

aw31 xy/q

There's no point me carrying on this conversation, you clearly have made your mind up even though you seem to have not taken all the "facts" into consideration.

If PCs were so much better then why do MACs require slower processors to acheive the same results as microsfot equivilents?

In The Know said:
There's no point me carrying on this conversation, you clearly have made your mind up even though you seem to have not taken all the "facts" into consideration.

If PCs were so much better then why do MACs require slower processors to acheive the same results as microsfot equivilents?

because mac rip their users of for using ddr3 ram as opposed to ddr2, the cache is the same as is the front side bus, given a 3.06 ghz laptop is just short of £2800 and a 2.53 is £899, you tell me where their cutting back.

equivalents in the apple term. if these processors were to deal with what a decent microsoft based laptop does now, it's shit itself into the recycle bin.

In The Know said:
Stable in what fasion?
My mate bought an iMac for about £1000 about 4 months ago. He's had to send it back three times because of problems with the hardware.

Any person can be unlucky with a faulty piece of hardware PC or MAC

Another thing, why would a company make a component for a Windows computer which won't work? Surely they'll need a good rating so that more people will buy off them in the future.

Because Windows don't give access to their software code to the manufacturers and they have to guess, also these manufacturers can make them as cheap as possible. With a MAC they have to be specifically designed to fit into the software, also if its crap it won't get its patent.

Yeah but you said Macs are stable...you didn't say most of them are stable did you? I've had the same computer for 8 years and have only had one problem with it.

I doubt they have to guess. Think in through....you can make RAM or a GPU....but we're not telling you how it works with our OS....Good luck.

Can a PC run Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, DreamWeaver, Flash, Firefox, Adobe Acrobat Professioinal whilst downloading torrents all at the same time whilst instantly swapping inbetween programs without freezing????? Not a fuckin' chance.

Macs do this all-day long year-in-year-out without breaking sweat. I rest my case.

Swales lives said:
Can a PC run Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, DreamWeaver, Flash, Firefox, Adobe Acrobat Professioinal whilst downloading torrents all at the same time whilst instantly swapping inbetween programs without freezing????? Not a fuckin' chance.

Macs do this all-day long year-in-year-out without breaking sweat. I rest my case.

A PC that costs as much as a standard Mac could very easily.

Bluemoon115 said:
Swales lives said:

A PC that costs as much as a standard Mac could very easily.

Doesn't that defeat the object though?

Swales lives said:

a standard 13" macbook pro can't even do that and seen as though that both high end macbooks have the SAME, if not LESS cache than the higher end pc's, then a pc would not only run these programs but run them a lot smoother. and why would the torrents be a problem? if your running dreamweaver then you would share your bandwith accordingly on any computer.

the only reason why people use apples for online design anyway is because of the virus issue with windows....which by the way, would be sorted for just £25, yet dipshits spend an extra £200 for an apple because of this...dummies!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.