Maine Rd terrace characters

Yes m8 sorry for late reply
I may have worked with your Dad many years ago. He had a son named after Colin Bell. Originally from Burnage and last time I saw him about 25 years ago I think he was working for Royal Mail.

Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but whatever happened to the guy who used to stand right in the middle of the Kippax with his air horn? I used to stand a few yards to the back of him but the damn thing always went close to busting my ear drums. I never heard him again once standing was abolished.

Love seeing Pete the badge get selfies and all sorts of attention around the ground and in Manchester. Lovely bloke.

MOTD tweeted a picture of him today, seemingly ridiculing him. Not sure if it was their intention or not, but there's some pretty unpleasant comments on it:

Someone who has followed his team home and away for over 50 years should be celebrated, not humiliated.

I remember some bloke who used to stand near us above the Picadilly Radio tunnel in the Kippax. He had a blue & White hand knitted scarf that must have been about 30 foot long. He always used to leave about 5 minutes early and as he always said "car park goal" as he left.

MOTD tweeted a picture of him today, seemingly ridiculing him. Not sure if it was their intention or not, but there's some pretty unpleasant comments on it:

Someone who has followed his team home and away for over 50 years should be celebrated, not humiliated.

Top fella.

Loyal blue. Tbh to me that doesn't come across as trying to humilite him and the majority of the comments are supporting him

I think they said something about not wearing Blue and white glasses, ''Shame on you'' or similar, it was a bit tongue in cheek. He is a great bloke, lives in Milton Keynes, I have spoken to him a few times. He said he was thinking about moving to Spain a couple of years ago but he is still here. I asked him once if he ever got into any bother wearing all that gear at away games and he told me he has even worn it to Millwall a few times and had no trouble.

I think this site, the club or a fanzine need to get him in for an interview and that the club should be doing something to honour fans like this before they are lost to us forever. Give him some appreciation while he is still going to and enjoying games, not a round of applause when he is dead and gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.