MAINE ROAD CENTENARY SOUVENIR BOOKLET

I’d urge all Blues to get this. Like Dave & Sue, Noel has been an important person in MCFC fan history, giving us a voice. Please support this - you’ll have something good to read too!
And an excellent addition to a Xmas pressie it must be said.
Very well put together .

I,'ll always remember that I blantly flicked thru my copy for the 1st time in front of utd fans on the train home last weekend.not one of the gobby idiots said a thing to me...our old ground looked better in its last days than their current one ; )

Thanks to everyone who bought a copy today. Apologies to those who couldn't post-march thanks to aggressive stewards, some bordering on being out of control, who physically intervened to prevent me from making at least one sale.
Thanks also to a mate who intervened with no regard to his own safety after "safety stewards" had discussed whether to "drag me out" even though I was already outside! Thanks to GMP officers who intervened pre-match due to another overzealous steward.
I will be sending a strongly worded email to Danny Wilson on Monday and hopefully the club will allow me to sell at the next two or three games somewhere a bit closer to the ground than the gasometer.
Having been a steward at Maine Road in the late '80s I've got an idea of what's involved but today I'm saddened at the realisation that my club employs "safety stewards" who behave like thugs.

Thanks to everyone who bought a copy today. Apologies to those who couldn't post-march thanks to aggressive stewards, some bordering on being out of control, who physically intervened to prevent me from making at least one sale.
Thanks also to a mate who intervened with no regard to his own safety after "safety stewards" had discussed whether to "drag me out" even though I was already outside! Thanks to GMP officers who intervened pre-match due to another overzealous steward.
I will be sending a strongly worded email to Danny Wilson on Monday and hopefully the club will allow me to sell at the next two or three games somewhere a bit closer to the ground than the gasometer.
Having been a steward at Maine Road in the late '80s I've got an idea of what's involved but today I'm saddened at the realisation that my club employs "safety stewards" who behave like thugs.
Saw that developing as we were walking to the canal.

Hope you are OK and didn’t lose anything.

A lifelong Blue selling copies of a "labour of love" about City! Scandalous how no nowt Stewards treated you (not saying anymore than that).

This pisses me off when every week you see scruffy twats selling knock off merchandise, scarfs etc on Club property.

Sorry to see this about todays experience Noel. Given my identity away now but nice to see you today in the Bank Although only briefly. Take care,Mick.

Reactions: BTH

A lifelong Blue selling copies of a "labour of love" about City! Scandalous how no nowt Stewards treated you (not saying anymore than that).

This pisses me off when every week you see scruffy twats selling knock off merchandise, scarfs etc on Club property.
Sorry to hear about your experience Noel.sounds bang out of order to me.
The question is was the steward who lost it acting on Club orders.. or simply took it upon himself to he overly aggressive in his actions .

I know the male who came to your assistance,and his partner..and believe him 100% when he describes how aggressive the steward was and City had better understand ...the folk on the receiving end of this unnecessary brutality are not made of sand and will support you every step of the way...

No doubt the excellent cctv operating in the area will have picked up the incident in which a steward was described to have approached someone with " his face contorted with rage and eyes bulging "

Disgraceful behaviour.

Half the stewards at our place are bitter red twats who like getting paid to hassle blues

Half the stewards at our place are bitter red twats who like getting paid to hassle blues

I was just going to.post this. I knew of at least three stewards who were rags working at our place I bumped into them on a few occasions. It's a job that's usually poorly paid and a gap filler for people in-between other jobs or while they're at university. As a result they are often young and lack life experience and/or are poorly trained. You also get the power crazy ones who think a yellow coat or high vis vest gives them carte blanche to do as they please. We do however have some that have been around a few years, maybe one or two from our Maine Road days? These are usually better although I've encountered one or two little Hitler's, male and female, amongst these too.

I was just going to.post this. I knew of at least three stewards who were rags working at our place I bumped into them on a few occasions. It's a job that's usually poorly paid and a gap filler for people in-between other jobs or while they're at university. As a result they are often young and lack life experience and/or are poorly trained. You also get the power crazy ones who think a yellow coat or high vis vest gives them carte blanche to do as they please. We do however have some that have been around a few years, maybe one or two from our Maine Road days? These are usually better although I've encountered one or two little Hitler's, male and female, amongst these too.
I had a right prick on the search on Saturday at gate K, the busy jobsworth fucker nearly had me stripped to my boxers in the pissing rain

I have high regard for Danny Wilson and I am sure he will listen and take time to reply to you. The outcome obviously I dont know, but Danny is a fair man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.